Pages

Sunday 28 May 2023

CTC 421: All Occasions

 Hi!


Hello Sunday! It's been a wet week here, so I've been happy to stay inside and do some crafting. This week at CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenges we are asking you to CASE a project from the All Occasions section of the catalogue.


It's a big section, but this Taco Fiesta series of cards caught my eye. It's been a while since I've played with this stamp set, and I liked the layout of these cards.


I don't use small cards very often, so I decided to challenge myself to convert the layout to a full sized card.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Taco Fiesta, Brights DSP, Indented Pencil Technique

All I really needed to do was to make the DSP section a bit longer! I decided to matt the panel on some Real Red cardstock, as I chose to use a Whisper White card base.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Taco Fiesta, Brights DSP, Indented Pencil Technique

The chilli and cactus were left over from a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator day that I went to in Adelaide recently. I demonstrated the Indented Pencil technique. You basically take a stylus and etch some lines into the stamped image. Then gently colour over the top with Watercolour Pencils (minus the water). The lines give a nice highlight to the image.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Taco Fiesta, Brights DSP, Indented Pencil Technique

I used another two on the inside of the card. I had plenty of samples to use up, as I demonstrated the technique eight times that day!

We'd love for you to play along with us this week. Which card in the All Occasions section catches your eye? Just CASE the card and add a photo to our Facebook group.


Before you race off to get creating, please do finish the blog hop. The next stop on the hop is the lovely Peta Stephen with a very elegant card.


Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.