Pages

Thursday 25 May 2023

JAI 654: Just Add Colour

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week we have a colour combo for you, suggested to us by Rochelle.


I really love it! The bright colours are a little bit Summery (as I sit here on a miserable rainy day in late Autumn) and a little bit retro. I had some arch dies that I hadn't played with yet, and thought they'd go well with a retro theme. We used to have curtains with an arched pattern when I was a little kid in the late 70's.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Clearly Besotted Bedtime Story, WaffleFlower Layered Books Dies, Paper Rose Nesting Arches Dies, Stampin' Up! Timber 3DEF

The arched Dies are from Paper Rose, and are called Nesting Arches. I used the largest three to cut cardstock in the challenge colours and then layered them up over some Whisper White cardstock embossed using the Timber 3DEF.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Clearly Besotted Bedtime Story, WaffleFlower Layered Books Dies, Paper Rose Nesting Arches Dies, Stampin' Up! Timber 3DEF

The sentiment is from a Clearly Besotted stamp set, called Bedtime Story. It has a marvellous range of sentiments, all book-related. Speaking of books, I used my WaffleFlower Layered Books Dies to create the book for the front of my card.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Clearly Besotted Bedtime Story, WaffleFlower Layered Books Dies, Paper Rose Nesting Arches Dies, Stampin' Up! Timber 3DEF

I used the smaller version of the book and another arch and Clearly Besotted sentiment on the inside of my card. I like this sentiment - I definitely do not like being disturbed when I am engrossed in a book!

I realised today that the challenge colours were very similar to the block I just finished sewing in my current quilt. It you remove the pinks, you're just left with lime green, aqua, yellow, black and white.

Isn't it funny how hobbies can sometimes intersect? If you're interested, the quilt is Galaxy by Lilabelle Lane, and is English Paper Pieced using Tula Pink fabrics.

That's all from for now - I'm off to sew the next block in my quilt! Hopefully you're off to check out the Just Add Ink blog for more Design Team inspiration before making your card and adding it to our Linky for the challenge.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.