Pages

Sunday 23 April 2023

CTC 461: Retiring Mini Catalogue Project

 Hi!


Welcome back to my blog for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. We are right in the thick of two catalogues finishing up, so this week we are asking you to case your favourite project from the retiring Mini Catalogue.


There are a lot of awesome projects in the Mini Catalogue, but I've been wanting to CASE this card, using On The Ocean, for a long time. Today was the day!


This bundle was the top of my use-have list when the catalogue went live, and I'm so thrilled that it's carrying over to the new Annual Catalogue. I get a whole 'nother year to play with it!

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! On The Ocean Bundle

I was very time poor this week (it's school holidays here!), so I didn't change much about the original card. I forgot to stamp the sentiment before I adhered the ocean and the ship, so my greeting was popped up over the scene at the end. 

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! On The Ocean Bundle

My other change was the ocean - I don't have the DSP that was used for the catalogue sample. To replicate the look, I just dragged my Balmy Blue inkpad over a piece of Whisper White cardstock before cropping it with the wavy die. The second layer was just the water stamp used multiple times with Balmy Blue ink over Whisper White cardstock. The final layer was just plain old Balmy Blue cardstock. Easy!

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! On The Ocean Bundle

The inside was nice and easy, just the boat stamped again and some leftover ocean pieces from the front. It doesn't get easier than that! 

We'd love for you to join in with our challenge. You just need to join our Facebook Group if you aren't already a member, and then add a photo of a card you've made that CASEs a favourite project from the about to retire Mini Catalogue.


Please continue your way around our hop, by jumping on over to the blog of my lovely friend, Kathryn Mangelsdorf. I adore the card she's made!


Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. It’s a bonus when a stamp you like carries over so good win on that one Tina. I like the way you coloured the paper, it’s a good trick to have in your repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love this! And I’m really happy this one is carrying over too. And I love the different layers of balmy blue stamping for the ocean layers. Julia.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.