Pages

Sunday 16 April 2023

CTC 415: Favourite Retiring DSP

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. It's been a while since I've been able to play, so it's great to be back!


This week we are asking you to CASE a project made sing your favourite DSP from either of the current catalogues. There's so many great packs, that it's hard to narrow it down!


I have to say though, that my favourite DSP is the Lovely Linen pack. I love the mix of floral and geometric patterns. They reminded me a lot of tiles or patchwork quilts. I chose this card from page 24 to CASE, as I loved the strips of DSP all higgledy-piggledy in the background. It's a fabulous way to use a lot of different papers from the pack.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Lovely Linen DSP, Simply Fabulous, Stylish Shapes Dies

While the catalogue sample leant towards the Sweet Sorbet and Night Of Navy papers, I went for the Pale Papaya and Soft Succulent colour ways. I also changed the card to be portrait layout, and only used a single die cut shape over the top, rather than a row of punched shapes. It was a little simpler and cleaner for my tastes.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Lovely Linen DSP, Simply Fabulous, Stylish Shapes Dies

The DSP strips are 3.5" by 1", and I adhered them to a piece of Whisper White cardstock before popping the whole lot up on the Navy card base. Adding the extra layer underneath gives a bit more stability to the design.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Lovely Linen DSP, Simply Fabulous, Stylish Shapes Dies

One last strip of DSP was put to use on the inside of the card, along with my retiring favourite stamp set, Simply Fabulous. I will miss both the DSP and the stamp set!

We'd love to know what your favourite retiring DSP is. To play along with us, just CASE a card from the catalogue that uses the DSP and add a photo to our Facebook Group before next Sunday's blog hop. It's that easy!


My lovely friend, Rachel Palmieri is up next in our DSP Blog Hop. I think that I would have successfully guessed which DSP she'd used if I'd been put to the test. You won't want to miss her gorgeous card.

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Tina I agree that your take on this card is much less busy. I think with such lovely DSP it is nice to just let it shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The big red circle won my heart Tina. So eye-catching. I prefer your layout too, it makes more of a statement with these lovely papers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.