Pages

Thursday 13 April 2023

JAI 648: Just Choose Two

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week it's my suggestion for the challenge. I didn't think it was a tricky one, but it certainly challenged the Design Team. Like always, they rose to the occasion, and I hope you will too.


I've suggested a Choose Two challenge - choose two of water, wall or garden to add to your card. I know that I had an idea of what I was going to make when I made the suggestion, but that idea was long gone by the time I had to make my card. Oops! 

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Kindred Stamps Bubble Bath Day, Stampin' Up! Simply Fabulous, Stylish Shapes Dies, Copic Markers

I found the bubble bath stamp during a deep dive into my stamp collection. It's called Bubble Bath Day and is by Kindred Stamps. That worked perfectly for the 'water' part of the challenge. The bath mat was hand-drawn, and then the scene was coloured with my Copic markers.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Kindred Stamps Bubble Bath Day, Stampin' Up! Simply Fabulous, Stylish Shapes Dies, Copic Markers

Now for the wall part of the card - I just used a ruler and marker to draw the lines for the skirting boards and tiles on the wall. LOL, it was only later that I realised that tiled walls don't usually have skirting boards. It's very hard to see in the photos, but I added a little bit of grey to some of the corners of the tiles to add a little shading and dimension. The flower from Simply Fabulous added a few feature tiles to the wall, and broke up the grid a bit.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Kindred Stamps Bubble Bath Day, Stampin' Up! Simply Fabulous, Stylish Shapes Dies, Copic Markers

By the time I get to the inside of my cards, I'm rarely in the mood to colour a full image, so I often just stamp a small section to colour. Lazy, or clever? I'll let you decide, LOL!

That's all from me, but there's lots more inspiration from the Design Team over on the Just Add Ink blog. I hope that you've got some ideas swirling already, and that you can join our challenge by linking up your card on the blog. Which two will you choose?

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.