Pages

Thursday 6 April 2023

JAI 647: Just Add A Sketch

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new Just Add Ink challenge. I've been a bit MIA lately - I was struck down with COVID and needed the time to rest and recover. This was my second go-around with it, but thankfully this time was milder than last. Having said that, it still took a lot out of me.


This week we have a fabulous sketch for you, designed by Di. I really love the layering under the sentiment, and how the layers are all offset. I needed a card for a nephew turning 17, so I pulled out some retired products from my stash.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up!, Classic Garage DSP, Alphabet A La Mode Dies

You'll also notice that I turned the sketch on it's side - it suited the car better to be this way. I felt that this left too much white space to the left, so I added the banner and key charm for a bit of balance. I think it worked well.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up!, Classic Garage DSP, Alphabet A La Mode Dies

The paper is all from the Classic Garage pack. The muscle car was fussy cut from one of the sheets, and scraps of DSP were used for the layering under the sentiment. I typed the sentiment on my old typewriter and cropped with a punch. The typewriter was a fabulous op-shop find, and was only $5!!

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up!, Classic Garage DSP, Alphabet A La Mode Dies

I used a few scraps of DSP to decorate the inside of my card, and the Alphabet A La Mode dies to add the 17. Hooray that these dies are carrying over to the new Annual Catalogue.

Please jump on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you'll find the rest of this week's Design Team cards. You can also link up your card to enter our challenge. What will you do with Di's fantastic sketch?

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.