Pages

Wednesday 22 March 2023

Colour Creations: Shaded Spruce

 Hi!


Welcome back to my blog for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are featuring Shaded Spruce, a relative new-comer to the SU colour range. Hopefully it survives the upcoming colour refresh, as it's a green that I like.


I thought that this colour combo from Brian King was a little unusual, it's certainly not colours that I would think to put together. It screamed 'floral' to me, so that's what I did.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Hand-Penned Petals Bundle, Simply Fabulous, Stitched Greenery Die, Stylish Shapes Dies

It's been a while since I've played with Hand-Penned Petals, so it was a good choice for my card. I layered the stamped and die cut image over a large Stylish Shapes circle.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Hand-Penned Petals Bundle, Simply Fabulous, Stitched Greenery Die, Stylish Shapes Dies

The Whisper White background was run through my Big Shot with my Stitched Greenery die. I think it works perfectly with the flowers. The sentiment is from Simply Fabulous, cropped with another Stylish Shapes die. I finished off the front with a few retired Iridescent Sequins.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Hand-Penned Petals Bundle, Simply Fabulous, Stitched Greenery Die, Stylish Shapes Dies

I repeated a lot of the front elements on the inside of my card. It's just as easy to stamp two flowers as it is to stamp one, and it makes such a difference to the insides of cards.

Thanks again for joining me, but please continue your way around our blog hop tonight. The next stop in the hop is my lovely friend, Michele Taylor. I can't wait to see what she's made.

The extra-lovely Catherine Proctor is our wonderful host tonight, so if you run into any issues with links, just jump on over to her blog where she'll have a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

10 comments:

  1. Tina, I do agree that the Stitched Greenery die works perfectly with your flowers. Great use of white space with a pop of colour. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coordination of the front and the inside of your card Tina and the white space on both makes the card look so crisp and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect choice of stamp set for this colour combo Tina. I agree who would have thought those colours would work so well together but you have shown that they do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that the colour combination was perfect for a floral card, Tina. It's a really pretty combo actually, and looks great with all that white space. Love the echo of the front on the inside of the card too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Tina. This colour combination is very pretty, although I probably would have gone with a softer green, but Shaded Spruce actually works well. Who would have thought?!! I sure hope that Stitched Greenery Die stays in the catalogue too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At first glance, I thought this a rather odd colour combination, but WOW! You have achieved a beautiful balance of these colours, Tina, and I love your card. I'm a huge fan of the Stitched Greenery Die, and it looks so pretty on your white background. I really like how you decorated the inside of your card to complement the front.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is a colour combination I would not have put together either. I really like your circle spot it makes the floral image stand out and great idea to repeat it in the inside of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful card Tina. I love the way you have used the colour combination and shown Shaded Spruce. The Pool Party circle label showing off the beautiful flower is delightful on the white stitched greenery background. Love your card inner too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely an out there choice of colour but you nailed it Tina. I love how you use partial circles to ground images.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tina you have used two of my favourite products to create your beautiful card. I will be so sad to say farewell to Hand Penned Petals but there is no way I am letting the stitchery die plate go. It is one of my all time favourites. Your bold choice of colours was an inspired one too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.