Pages

Wednesday 1 February 2023

Colour Creations: Polished Pink

 Hi!


It's Wednesday, which means that it's Colour Creations time! Woo hoo! This week we have Polished Pink, one of the outgoing In Colours. If it's a colour that you love - stock up now!


I quite like Polished Pink. It's a bright pink, but not too overpowering. I absolutely adore this combo by Brian King. Such a great idea to pair it with Blackberry Bliss and Crumb Cake. I chose my new Taco Fiesta stamp set to use for this week's card. Probably not what you'd expect with this colour combo - but I love the card I made!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Taco Fiesta, Stylish Shapes Dies, Basic Borders Dies, In Colour DSP

When I buy a new stamp set, I often start by CASEing another card that I like that uses the set. In this instance, I CASEd a gorgeous card by Heidi Collins from On Y Go Stamping. Her card used different colours, but I kept the layout basically the same.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Taco Fiesta, Stylish Shapes Dies, Basic Borders Dies, In Colour DSP

I stamped the piñata on Shimmery White cardstock with Crumb Cake ink, and then watercoloured the body with the same ink. I wanted a very soft effect. The rest was coloured with my Stampin' Blends to get the bolder, rich colours.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Taco Fiesta, Stylish Shapes Dies, Basic Borders Dies, In Colour DSP

I used the hat on the inside of the card, but I'm a bit worried that it doesn't look much like a hat! Maybe I should have left it uncoloured, or stamped it in black. You may notice that I've split the sentiment over the front and inside of the card - I just masked off the section that I didn't want in each case. Easy!

The next stop in our Blog Hop tonight is the lovely Caroline Manwaring. We've missed her on the hops, so it's great to see her back.

As always, the wonderful Catherine Proctor keeps us all organised each week. Jump on over to her blog if you run into any issues with links - she'll have a full list of all of tonight's participants on her blog.

Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. So cute Tina, I love Crumb Cake with the bright Polished Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Tina, I wasn't sure about this set but you have given me some more to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, I love the card you made too! Your colouring of the piñata is sublime and I love this colour combo as well. So stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That piñata is adorable! Love the softly coloured body and your colours on the blanket and throughout the card. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to challenge myself to use unexpected colour combinations with some stamp sets, so I appreciate your thought process, Tina! This is a great colour combo, and your card is delightful. Love your colouring of the pinata ... and the sombrero inside definitely does look like a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous card Tina and the colour combo really works beautifully. The watercolouring of the piñata is lovely and soft. Yes the sombrero does like a sombrero.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tina, you had me at Crumb Cake! I love the way you have coloured the piñata, the shading is fabulous. I love your colour choice and the zigzag die cut edge suits the design perfectly. I have to say at first glance I thought the image on the inside of the card was a hotdog with a hanger attached - lol. Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a very cool card, Tina. The lighter colouring of the piñata is perfectly executed and I love the Crumb Cake stamped images on the card base. Polished Pink is perfect for such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.