Pages

Sunday 29 January 2023

CTC 404: Country Floral Lane Suite

 Hi!


Thanks for stopping by on your way around the CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. It's a great way to finish the weekend, don't you think?


This week we are asking you to CASE a project from the Country Floral Lane Suite pages of the new Mini Catalogue. The projects are all a bit lovey-dovey for me, so I decided to make a birthday card instead.


My eye was caught by this card on page 8. I really loved the strips of DSP, the ribbon that has been cut in half, and the layering under the sentiment. I included all of these things in my card, but in very different ways.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Simply Fabulous,Brilliant Wings Dies, Penned Flowers Dies, Country Gingham DSP

I started by cutting some strips of Country Gingham DSP and cropping the edges of most of the pieces with the border die from the Penned Flowers Dies. These were layered over a Thick Whisper White card base. Shhh, I snuck in a little bit of retired Mint Macaron Glimmer Paper to finish it off.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Simply Fabulous,Brilliant Wings Dies, Penned Flowers Dies, Country Gingham DSP

I cropped some Balmy Blue paper from the Subtles Stack using the outline flower die in the Penned Flowers, topped it with some White Glittered Organdy Ribbon, which I'd cut in half. The butterfly over the top has one layer cut from the Mint Macaron Glimmer paper, and the second from Layering Designs Vellum. A few scattered pearls finished off the front.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Simply Fabulous,Brilliant Wings Dies, Penned Flowers Dies, Country Gingham DSP

I used my Simply Fabulous stamp set for sentiments throughout the card. The butterfly was cropped using my Brilliant Wings Dies from some left over DSP from the front. I don't like to waste any scraps!

All you need to do to play along with us is make your project and add a photo to our Facebook group. It's that easy!


Before you go, please do continue your way around our blog hop for plenty more Country Floral Lane Suite inspiration. The next stop is the lovely Monique Fielder.


Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous - love the papers and the glimmer butterfly is just wonderful!! Love love love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this - the papers and glimmer butterfly are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.