Pages

Wednesday 8 February 2023

Colour Creations: Pool Party

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. It's Pool Part week! Doesn't that sound like a fun colour? I like it!


Speaking of liking colours, I asked in the AWH Facebook group last week what were people's favourite and least liked colours. Cajun Craze came up a lot - it's a love it or hate it colour! When it was one of the options for a colour combo for this week's card, I decided to use it. Cajun Craze is not a colour that I use a lot, but I did like how it works with this combo.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Alphabet A La Mode Dies, Rugged Icons Dies, Design A Daydream Host DSP, Timeless Greetings Kit

LOL, I've had this sentiment scrawled on my grid paper for weeks, waiting for an opportunity to use it. Rugged Icons was the perfect choice to go with it. I cropped the letters from Cajun Craze card (backed with Adhesive Sheet) using my new Alphabet A La Mode Dies. The fishing pole is cropped from Whisper White with Adhesive Foam to give it dimension.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Alphabet A La Mode Dies, Rugged Icons Dies, Design A Daydream Host DSP, Timeless Greetings Kit

The background paper is from the Design A Daydream Host DSP. I used the birds, because they always seem to be around when there's fishing happening. Probably hoping for a free meal!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Alphabet A La Mode Dies, Rugged Icons Dies, Design A Daydream Host DSP, Timeless Greetings Kit

I had a piece of Cajun Craze cardstock with Adhesive Sheet left over from cropping the letters, so I used it for a partial fishing pole for the inside. Hopefully it doesn't look too strange! The stamped sentiment is from the Timeless Greetings Kit.

It's time to jump into the next pool (it's hot in Adelaide today, so a dip would be heavenly! LOL). The party continues over on the wonderful Kate Morgan's blog.

The head lifeguard, keeping us all on track, is the fabulous Cathy Proctor. Jump on over to her blog if you find a problem with a link - she'll have a list of all bloggers for the hop there.

Bye for now,

Tina

9 comments:

  1. Love the clever sentiment, love the colour combo, love the cropped fishing reel on the inside of your card too, Tina. Love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Tina, I love the play on words and the clean lines on your card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love it Tina! Fancy keeping the phrase on ice to use (and then remembering). That is just perfect for the fishing rod, and what a colour combo. The inside is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fantastic card Tina. I love your colour combo. Must admit, I wouldn’t have put the colours together, but wow, they are really good together. Your sentiment is really good - love it. The simplicity of the bird DSP and the CC fishing reel looks so good. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant card Tina. I love everything on your card and you’ve convinced me that Cajun Craze isn’t so bad! Your card inner is especially fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I LOVE that ‘punny’ sentiment Tina - it’s reely perfect how you designed your card around it. The fishing pole has great dimension with the addition of the adhesive foam. Fabulous card, inside and out. Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though Cajun Craze is one of my least favourite colours, the way you have used it works perfectly. I love the "pun"in the sentiment and how it goes with the die cut. I hadn't noticed those dies before so thanks for highlighting them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this spin on the sentiment, so cool! The inside decorating is brilliant and I just love everything about this card, Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the partial fishing rod inside your card, and your use of the "seagull" paper on the front, Tina - great details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.