Pages

Wednesday 22 February 2023

Colour Creations: Pumpkin Pie

 Hi!


Welcome back for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week it's Pumpkin Pie week. I can't remember a time as an SU demo without Pumpkin Pie - so it's been around a long time! 


Brian King teamed it up with Starry Sky and Daffodil Delight. This combo, along with my obsession with the On The Ocean bundle, made me think of a fiery sunset over the sea.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, On The Ocean Bundle, Rays Of Light, Hand Penned Petals, Stylish Shapes Dies

I started by stamping Rays Of Light onto Whisper White cardstock with Pumpkin Pie ink and then inking over the top with Daffodil Delight ink. I left a little white halo around the sun, and then stamped some of the birds from On The Ocean over the top using Memento ink. I also inked the bottom of the cardstock with Starry Sky ink. It works beautifully as the far horizon.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, On The Ocean Bundle, Rays Of Light, Hand Penned Petals, Stylish Shapes Dies

I cropped the boat in black, as I wanted it to be like a silhouette against the blazing sun. The foreground ocean was stamped and fussy cut, and then popped up over the top of everything else.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, On The Ocean Bundle, Rays Of Light, Hand Penned Petals, Stylish Shapes Dies

I used the inked up Rays Of Light stamp on the inside of my card too. I didn't reink the stamp after stamping the front, I just laid part of my card over the image and gently rubbed my fingers over the card to pick up the ink. The softer look was exactly what I wanted for the inside of my card.

That's all from me tonight, but please do continue your way around our Pumpkin Pie hop tonight. The next stop along the way is my lovely friend, Rachel Woollard, who will gave a gorgeous cards or two for you to see.

My wonderful friend, Cathy Proctor, keeps us all organised, and if you find yourself with a broken link, she can get you organised, too. Just Pop on over to her blog, where you'll find a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Another AWESOME card with this bundle, Tina. Your sunset is glowing and the boat looks so dramatic against your vibrant background. What a great way to use Pumpkin Pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Tina, you've used a very striking colour combination. I love the sun's rays behind the ship

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what a vibrant card with that gorgeous Rays of Light background with your silhouette pirate ship. You sure are making great cards with these products and can't wait to see what else you create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very striking, Tina. Such a great silhouette of the ship with the sun setting in the background. Once again I love how the waves are set in front of the ship, giving it a great 3D look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This second card you have created with this bundle is just as good as the last Tina. I love the addition of the Rays of Light to the background. They work so well together. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very dramatic, artistic, creation, Tina! I love the black silhouette die-cut ship against the bold sky. Pumpkin Pie looks pretty good on your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.