Pages

Sunday 5 February 2023

CTC 405: Sale-A-Bration Sketch

 Hi!


Welcome back for our regular CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. Do you enjoy CASEing from the Stampin' Up! catalogues? Then we are the challenge for you!


This week we are asking you to CASE the card on page 5 of the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue, using it as a sketch.

Here's a closer look at the sketch. I like the strong horizontal lines - do you? I decided to flip the sketch somewhat. Instead of coloured strips on top of a white base, I went for white strips over DSP.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Biggest Wish, Dandy Designs SAB DSP, Tasteful Textile 3DEF, Beautiful Shapes Dies

The DSP I've chosen is the new Dandy Designs DSP, which is one of the rewards in the SAB Catalogue. I love the mix of Balmy Blue and Coastal Cabana on this paper. Such soothing colours!

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Biggest Wish, Dandy Designs SAB DSP, Tasteful Textile 3DEF, Beautiful Shapes Dies

I die cut the white piece using a Stitched Rectangle Die, embossed it using the retired Tasteful Textile 3DEF, and then cropped it into four strips. It's one less than is in the sketch, but my tired brain couldn't work out how to get 5 equal strips from a 4" length! (Haha, obviously my brain was VERY tired - the sketch only has 4 stripes!) The ribbon was created by colouring some White Seam Binding with my Dark Pool Party Stampin' Blend. A very handy trick when you don't have the right colour ribbon!

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Biggest Wish, Dandy Designs SAB DSP, Tasteful Textile 3DEF, Beautiful Shapes Dies

The two sentiment stamps from Biggest Wish said exactly what I needed them to say. Don't you love that?

We'd love for you to play along with us this week. All you need to do is make a card using the sketch for inspiration, take a photo and add it to our Facebook group. No blog necessary!


Speaking of blogs, the next stop on our Sale-A-Bration Sketch blog hop is my lovely South Australian friend, Michelle Stradz. She's used one of my favourite stamp sets from the new Mini Catalogue.


Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.