Pages

Wednesday 15 February 2023

Colour Creations: Poppy Parade

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are looking at Poppy Parade, one of my favourite reds.


I liked this nautical colour combo from Brian King, and as I had just received the new On The Ocean bundle, I was all set!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, On The Ocean Bundle

I have coveted this bundle ever since I saw it in the catalogue - it reminds me of one of my all time favourite childhood movies, The Goonies. For this card though, I decided to go a little more generic pirate. I started by stamping some of the waves on the bottom of the Pool Party Stitched Rectangle. I fussy cut along the line, and then stamped more waves on the bottom of the main piece. The cropped piece was then layered over the rest of the rectangle, popped up on Dimensionals. The pirate ship was tucked in between the layers, so that there are waves both in front and behind the ship.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, On The Ocean Bundle

To bring more Poppy Parade into the card (as the feature colour!!), I cropped the skull and crossbones for the sails of the ship. I'm contemplating adding a flag to the top of the ship with a stamped skull and crossbones, too.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, On The Ocean Bundle

A little more stamping on the inside finished off the card. I can see myself having a lot of fun with this bundle!

My lovely friend, Andrea Sergeant, is the next stop on our Blog Hop tonight. Please jump on over to her blog, where I'm sure there's something magnificent to be seen!

As always, the wonderful Cathy Proctor keeps us all organised. She has a list of all of tonight's participants on her blog, so if you come across a broken link, just jump on over to her blog to get back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. Tina I've just received this bundle too and I love how you've used it in this card with the added dimension of the wave and the stamped skull and crossbones either side of the sentiment. This bundle reminds me of the The Onedin Line and its magnificent theme song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these two colours together Tina. Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina I love the scene you’ve created of the pirate ship sailing the high seas with the raised waves crashing against its hull (did I get that right? lol). A really fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tina, I love your card. I have been trying to resist this set - you are making it hard. I love your layering of the sea, the clouds in the sky - it is all so gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved (still love) The Goonies! Tina, your card is fantastic! I love what you have done by placing the ship within the waves - it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina I have to confess I hadn't even noticed this bundle but now you have featured it I must have a look. The colour combo works perfectly and I really love the inside of the card too. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant pirate ship, Tina. The Goonies was the best and great inspiration for your card. I too love how you cut the waves to place the ship into the water. Such a cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colour combo to use with these stamped images, Tina. I love how you've created waves in the foreground and background of the pirate ship, and incorporated Poppy Parade elements.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.