Pages

Saturday 1 October 2022

World Cardmaking Day Blog Hop

 Hi!


To celebrate World Card Making Day, I am participating in Kathryn's Blog Hop of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from All Around the World to share a card that I have made today (or recently). She has also challenged us to post it within a week to someone special, as we all forget sometimes to send cards that we make and they just sit in a box.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Little Town Life, Hand-Penned Petals, Stylish Shapes Dies, Waves Of The Ocean DSP, Copics, Fancy Fold Card

I've slightly cheated with my card, in that the recipient already has it! I was asked to make a card for a lot of people to sign that was for the conductor of a development band. She unfortunately had to step down, and we wanted to acknowledge her hard work over the years. I don't like making oversized cards, so I try to look for cards that open up to allow for many people to sign. The closed card is 6 inches square.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Little Town Life, Hand-Penned Petals, Stylish Shapes Dies, Waves Of The Ocean DSP, Copics, Fancy Fold Card

The design is based upon a tutorial I found on Lisa's Stamp Studio website for a Diagonal Explosion Card. Her original was 4 inches square, so I played around with the measurements to make it just that little bit bigger. The photo above shows it half way open.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Little Town Life, Hand-Penned Petals, Stylish Shapes Dies, Waves Of The Ocean DSP, Copics, Fancy Fold Card

And here it is, fully open. Lots of space for people to write on! I knew that the recipient was a fan of this singing bookworm and the house full of magical objects, so I was sure to include them on the card. I coloured them with my Copic markers.

It's time now to jump on over to the next hopper, Elizabeth Gross. We'd love for you to hop your way around all of the blogs tonight, so just keep on going until you get back to where you started.


Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. What an amazing fancy fold card Tina, I am sure it was a huge hit with everyone that had to write in it. Lovely colouring with the lady on the front. Thanks for joining the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card Tina. It really is very impressive, and the little images on each page are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that’s an impressive fold Tina, and what a great idea for a “large” card that isn’t large! Genius!!
    Kathryn R xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, oh wow Tina - now that is an amazing fancy fold. Love it. Your colouring is gorgeous as are the added images on different panels. I’m sure it was appreciated by the signatories and the recipient. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is brilliant. Perfect for lots of writing. You’re so clever !! And a gorgeous card!! Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that’s fabulous. I love it. Great card, I need to see that tutorial now!.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tina I just love your card and how impressive it must look in real life! All the wonderful detail and it keeps opening so that people can write on it! Wonderful!!!! Love it and love your colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my the perfect amount of writing space for a group card. There never is enough room. I love how it unfolds with so many layers. Really nicely done! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.