Pages

Wednesday 12 October 2022

Colour Creations: Granny Apple Green

 Hi!


Welcome to a new week of the Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are featuring Granny Apple Green, a lovely green from the Brights colour family. I think it's my favourite of all of the SU greens (not counting Mint Macaron!).


I once again went with a Brian King colour combo. I loved the mix of bright colours - such a happy combination.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Simply Fabulous, Celebrate Everything Host DSP, Stylish Shapes Dies, Fancy Fold Card

I've been wanting to try this fancy fold for a while - only I can't find a name for it! I got the instructions off Beth McCullough's blog, however, she didn't give it a name. It's some kind of gatefold, as you pull on both sides of the card to open it up. I used the Hostess Celebrate Everything DSP to decorate the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Simply Fabulous, Celebrate Everything Host DSP, Stylish Shapes Dies, Fancy Fold Card

Here's a top view of the card, so that you can see the folds. Maybe it's some kind of double z gatefold card? If you know the name, let me know please!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Simply Fabulous, Celebrate Everything Host DSP, Stylish Shapes Dies, Fancy Fold Card

Here is the inside of the card. I've stamped the card using one of my current favourite stamp sets, Simply Fabulous. I've also used my Stylish Shapes dies on the front of the card.

The nexts top in tonight's blog hop is my lovely friend, Rachel Palmieri. Make sure you jump on over to her blog to see the Granny Apple Green gorgeousness she has waiting for you.


I've jumped in to host the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week, as Cathy has some family commitments. Please jump back here if you run into any issues with broken links. Here are all of tonight's participants:


Tina Gillespie >> you are here!


Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. That's a "simply fabulous" card Tina - great photos showing the fancy fold and great colour combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granny Apple Green looks great with Polished Pink (a few of us had that idea!), and I like the little Highland Heather touches you've added, Tina. Great choice of paper to cover your card front!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card and fancy fold Tina. I love these colours and the floral bouquet is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous fancy fold card Tina. I love the fold - it is similar but different to something else I have seen, so I can’t help you with the name. I love your colour choices and the use of the DSP. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous fancy fold, fabulous colour combination and fabulous stamp set! I think you are right, Tina, this is a double z gatefold card and it looks totally fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever fold - at first I couldn't work it out, but I'm glad you showed us! Great colour choice having that bold Polished Pink to go with the Granny Apple Green DSP.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.