Pages

Wednesday 19 October 2022

Colour Creations: Gray Granite

Hi! 


Welcome back to my blog once again for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. It's Gray Granite week this week, and I will certainly admit that it's a tricky colour to make the hero colour of a card!


Brian King paired it with Crushed Curry and Basic Black, in a combo that I really liked. Neutrals with a pop of bold colour is always a winner.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Tech Support, Brick & Mortar 3DEF, Beautiful Shapes Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Masculine Card

I thought that it was quite a masculine colour combo, so I pulled out my Tech Support stamp set. I am still struggling with inspiration for this set, but the colours were a great starting point. Who doesn't think of old school computers and gaming units when they see a pale gray?

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Tech Support, Brick & Mortar 3DEF, Beautiful Shapes Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Masculine Card

I really liked the use of the three Stitched Rectangles as a base for my other layers. The strip of Crushed Curry anchors them all together. I originally had the other part of this sentiment stamp on the front of the card, but I couldn't make it work with the rest of the elements. A Stylish Shapes banner to the rescue!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Tech Support, Brick & Mortar 3DEF, Beautiful Shapes Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Masculine Card

I couldn't not have the rest of the sentiment, so I put it to use on the inside, along with a few more Beautiful Shapes hexagons to match the front. 

Thanks for stopping by, but please do continue your way around our hop tonight. The next stop is my lovely friend, Kate Morgan.

Catherine Proctor is once again hosting the blog hop tonight, so if you run into any problems with links, just jump on over to her blog, where you'll find a list of all of tonight's participants.

Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. Great colour combo, Tina, and an excellent teenager/masculine card. That sentiment inside the card is fabulously clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ideal colours and shapes for a masculine card, Tina ... nicely done! I love the addition of the hexagons to the inside of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great masculine card Tina. I love the striking colour combo and your use of the Tech Support stamps with the stitched shapes. Love your layering. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing beats a Gray Granite brick wall hey? Great card, just the right amount of each colour, and the hexagons fit the theme to a tee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sentiment on the inside of your card always makes me giggle - it's just perfect and the memory of Gray Granite computers is so true - they really were that colour! I'm not a massive fan of Crushed Curry, but boy, it works beautifully in this combination as a real pop of colour. Brilliant card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.