Pages

Wednesday 5 October 2022

Colour Creations: Gorgeous Grape

 Hi!


Thanks again for stopping by for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are featuring Gorgeous Grape, a bright, bubblegum shade of purple.


I chose this bright colour combo by Brian King. I think it's a bit on the Halloween side, so I had my work cut out for me to make it a little (actually, a lot!) less Halloweenish.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Hand-Penned Petals, Simply Fabulous, Penned Flowers Dies

I think I succeeded! Any combo with green in it automatically lends itself to a floral card, so that's where I went with my inspiration. I once again used Hand-Penned Petals and the Coordinating Penned Flowers Dies.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Hand-Penned Petals, Simply Fabulous, Penned Flowers Dies

I stamped the largest flower in full strength ink, and the next two smallest ones in stamped-off ink. It doesn't look much different, though!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Hand-Penned Petals, Simply Fabulous, Penned Flowers Dies

I repeated the flowers on the inside, with another sentiment from Simply Fabulous to go with it.

Thanks again for stopping by, but please do continue your way around tonight's blog hop. There's lots more Gorgeous Grape inspiration to be found, starting with my lovely friend, Rachel Palmieri.


As always, the lovely Catherine Proctor keeps us in line and organised with the blog hop. If you find a problem with one of the links, just jump on over to her blog, where you'll find a list of all of tonight's participants.

Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. Tina this is definitely a success and not halloween at all. This hand penned petals stamp looks amazing in these vibrant bold colours. Love sentiments both inside and out from Simply Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the difference between the first- and second-generation stamping of the Gorgeous Grape flowers, Tina. They all look beautiful. Nice use of this colour combo, and those gorgeous sentiments (I just caved and bought that stamp set today!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful colour combo, stunning card Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you did a great job making your Halloween colours look less like a Halloween card. Lovely job! A really lovely and pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright colours! The trio work so well together and tie in beautifully with the DSP. Totally in love with that font on the sentiment and can’t wait to use that set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Tina, It might be halloween in colour but not in style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, you make me laugh. I didn't even think of 'Halloween' until you mentioned it. I love the scallop border and ribbon between the Grape & Pumpkin DSP, which work perfectly together! Gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Hand-penned flowers go beautifully with Simply Fabulous sentiments. Your card is like a spring garden, full of colour!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.