Pages

Sunday 9 October 2022

CTC 390: Santa's Express Colours

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for a new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. We like to get inspiration from CASEing projects from the Stampin' Up! catalogues, and we hope that you do too!


This week we are asking you to CASE the colours of the Santa Express DSP. I didn't CASE a particular card in the Mini Catalogue, I literally just used some of the colours in the papers.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Christmas To Remember, Spruced Up Outlines Dies, Whimsical Woodland 3DEF, Christmas Card

I started by cutting three pieces of Whisper White that were 4 x 2 3/4". I used Blending Brushes to apply the colours in pairs on the cardstock, creating an ombre effect. I used Mint Macaron with Evening Evergreen, Petal Pink with Poppy Parade, and Granny Apple Green with Shaded Spruce. Some water was splattered over the top before I used my Spruced Up Outline Dies to crop the smaller Christmas Tree shape twice from each piece. Thankfully, I remembered to put some Adhesive Sheet on the back first!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Christmas To Remember, Spruced Up Outlines Dies, Whimsical Woodland 3DEF, Christmas Card

I used the leftover pieces to layer under my Whimsical Woodland 3DEF embossed card, and the cropped trees over the top. I added some Daffodil Delight stars too, and a sentiment from Christmas To Remember.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Christmas To Remember, Spruced Up Outlines Dies, Whimsical Woodland 3DEF, Christmas Card

The inside of my slimline card was decorated using the outline parts of the cropped trees, more stars and another sentiment from Christmas To Remember.

We'd love for you to play along with us this week and every week! Do you have some favourite colours amongst those in the Santa Express DSP? Maybe you'd like to stretch yourself to use a less favoured colour. Either way, we'd love to see your card in our Facebook Group.


Please continue your way around our blog hop tonight before you dash off to get inky! We'd love for you to play along, but first check out Rachel Palmieri's blog for her gorgeous card using the fabulous colours of the Santa Express DSP.


Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.