Pages

Thursday 27 October 2022

JAI 627: Just Choose Two

 Hi!


Yay! Friday means that it's time for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week it's a Choose Two challenge, and I was the one who suggested the three options.


You can choose two of day, night or silhouette to add to your card. Which two will you choose? I went for night and silhouette.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Clearly Besotted Bedtime Story, Tim Holtz Moon Mask, Stampin' Up! Lovely As A Tree

My card is a tri-fold opening card. I cropped the front window using my Stitched Rectangle Dies, added two thin strips of cardstock to create the window panes, and then added another cropped black panel to the back to hide the ends of the strips. The black cat silhouette was adhered, and then a window sill, cut using the Hearth & Home Framelits, was adhered over the top. I'd heat embossed the sentiment, from Bedtime Story by Clearly besotted, on the piece first.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Clearly Besotted Bedtime Story, Tim Holtz Moon Mask, Stampin' Up! Lovely As A Tree

On the next section, you can see the scene I created for the cat to gaze at. I started by stamping the Lovely As A Tree large tree at the bottom, making sure that it came up high enough to overlap the moon. The moon is from the Tim Holtz Moon Mask pack. I laid the solid mask over the stamped card, used a Blending Brush to apply some Balmy Blue ink, and then went around the edges with some Night Of Navy ink. I then splattered some Frost White Shimmer Paint over the top. Once it was dry I laid the detail mask over the moon and blended some Sahara Sand ink over the top. The moon really looks like it's glowing!

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Clearly Besotted Bedtime Story, Tim Holtz Moon Mask, Stampin' Up! Lovely As A Tree

Another cat silhouette and sentiment from Bedtime Story finished off the inside of the card.

Which two will you choose to go on your card this week? I think that day and night would be tricky, but I'd love to see it done. Maybe it will be your card! You can see the rest of this week's Design Team cards over on the Just Add Ink blog. You can also link up your card for the challenge there. I can't wait to see what you make.

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Tina. Firstly you had me at the cat .... but when I saw how it opened up to see that fab blending and stenciling I was even more impressed. You certainly had me thinking with this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers Tina.I love the wondow effect and that moon sky is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.