Pages

Sunday 27 February 2022

CTC 358: CASE An Embossed Project

 Hi!


Welcome back to my blog for a new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. I missed out on playing last week, so it's good to be back!


This week we are asking you to CASE a project that uses embossing from any of the three current catalogues. It can be heat embossing or dry embossing - whatever takes your fancy!


I'm a bit of a lazy crafter, so dry embossing is my first choice. After perusing the Mini Catalogue, I settled on the above card from page 57. I really liked the striped background, and especially how it uses both DSP and embossed cardstock in the matching colours.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Hand-Penned Petals, Biggest Wish, Friendly Hello DSP SAB, Hive 3DEF, Beautiful Shapes Dies

I chose to use the SAB reward DSP, Friendly Hello, on my card. The colours are Pool Party, Petal Pink and Fresh Freesia, on a base of Misty Moonlight. The latter isn't from the DSP, but I thought it was a nice base to ground the design. The strips were embossed with the Hive 3DEF.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Hand-Penned Petals, Biggest Wish, Friendly Hello DSP SAB, Hive 3DEF, Beautiful Shapes Dies

Hand-Penned Petals and Biggest Wish were used on the front of the card, coloured with the same colours as the background strips. I cropped them with the Beautiful Shapes Dies.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Hand-Penned Petals, Biggest Wish, Friendly Hello DSP SAB, Hive 3DEF, Beautiful Shapes Dies

If you've followed me for a while, you'd know that I try to use up my scraps. The inside of the card is the perfect opportunity to do so. The offcuts from the front of the card were used to decorate the inside.

That's all from me for tonight, but your part in this challenge is just beginning! We'd love for you to play along, which is as easy as making a card based on an embossing project in any of the current catalogues and then uploading a photo to our Facebook Group.


Your other job is to continue on with the blog hop! There's plenty of Crew inspiration to be found, so just keep on hopping until you complete the circle. You won't want to miss the awesomely fun card that Michelle Stradz has created!


Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous colour combo, Tina. The dark background really makes the colours pop. Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combination of the paper and the embossed cardstock in the same colour - so lovely to see the tones move across the page! AWesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the use of the hexagons to tie into your choice of embossing folder. Pretty colour palette too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours you chose and the hive embossing folder looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your card! I love the colours and how the embossing really stands out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.