Pages

Thursday 24 February 2022

JAI 592: Just Choose Two

Hi! 


Hooray, it's both Friday and time for the new Just Add Ink challenge - both of which bring me joy! Nikki has challenged us to Choose Two from Texture, Patterned Paper, or Layers to add to our cards.


After a bit of thought I decided that I'd go with layers and texture, with the layered element being my Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Sweet As A Peach Bundle, Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks

I dug up some of my long-retired Corrugated Cardstock to provide the textural element of my card. The flowers were stencilled over the top using Flirty Flamingo, Polished Pink, Granny Apple Green and Just Jade. I also snuck in a bit of layering with the sentiment.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Sweet As A Peach Bundle, Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks

My husband saw my card this morning and confessed that he'd had to run his fingers over it to see if it was inked or embroidered. I was thrilled, as the faux-embroidery look was exactly what I was going for!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Sweet As A Peach Bundle, Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks

I repeated the stencilling on the inside - it looks so different on flat cardstock! The textured is definitely more forgiving on errors.

Which two will you choose for this week's challenge? I can't wait to see what you make. You can join our challenge by adding your card to the linky on the Just Add Ink blog. You can also see the rest of the Design Team cards - well worth a look!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.