Pages

Wednesday 9 February 2022

Colour Creations: Petal Pink

 Hi!


Welcome to Petal Pink week of the Colour Creations Blog Hops. I thought that I'd give a Fancy Fold a spin this week. I'm not exactly sure of the name of the fold, it's just something that's been bouncing around in my 'must try this' part of the brain for a while. I guess it's some kind of Easel card. I'm certainly not claiming to have invented the fold -I just can't recall where/when I saw it.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Pierced Blooms Dies, Timeless Tulips, Peaceful Moments, Subtle DSP, Fancy Fold Card

Here's the card flat. I scored the front of the card base in half and then ran it though my Big Shot with the second largest Layering Circles Die, but with the top plate of the sandwich only covering the top half of the card front, level with the score line. I hope that makes sense! The effect of this was that only the top half of the circle die cut through the card stock.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Pierced Blooms Dies, Timeless Tulips, Peaceful Moments, Subtle DSP, Fancy Fold Card

You can see it a bit better when it's open in the easel position. The top half of the circle pops up from the top. You could probably get the same effect by just adhering a circle die cut to sit over the top of the fold, by this way just adds a bit more fancy to the fancy fold, LOL.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Pierced Blooms Dies, Timeless Tulips, Peaceful Moments, Subtle DSP, Fancy Fold Card

Here's a closer look at the inside, with plenty of room to write a message.

The next stop along the way is the lovely Rachel Woollard. I can't wait to see what she's made with Petal Pink.


Catherine Proctor's blog is the place to go is you run into any difficulty. She's got a list of all participants on her blog.

Bye for now,

Tina

11 comments:

  1. This is stunning, Tina! Those little little daisies with the gingham DSP give your card such a sweet, country feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful soft card Tina, the row of tiny flowers is delightful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is utterly delightful, Tina! Gingham, stitched details and tiny flowers that look like daisies - what's not to love? Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, lots of little surprises hiding in this card Tina! I just love that gorgeous row of daisies inside the card, and the gingham paper is perfect for the style of your card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Tina and an eye-catching fancy fold using the half circle. Love how you arranged the row of petite white flowers to support the open card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this is adorable, Tina. I love those stitched blooms dies and how gorgeous with this gingham paper, but those daisies all in a row on the inside, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah the queen of the monochromatic cards. Tina those little white flowers are just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about your card Tina. The design is beautiful, the fun fold clever, the choice of white as a contrast to the Petal Pink perfect and that row of stitched flowers is just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Tina, such a beautiful card. So love the fancy fold and the reveal of the cute little flowers both inside and out. Gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card Tina. My favourite dies of all-time and you have used them to create a very pretty card. I love the row of tiny flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.