Pages

Sunday 13 February 2022

CTC 356: Heart & Home Colours

Hi! 


Oh, boy! Where did that weekend go? But happily, the end of the weekend means that it's time for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop.


This week we are asking you to CASE the colours of the Heart & Home DSP. You can see a list of them in the graphic above.  I chose to sort of CASE the piece of DSP that you can see under the SU logo in the graphic. I liked the white design over the Fresh Freesia base.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Peaceful Moments, Many Layered Blossoms Dies, Tasteful Labels Dies, Tasteful Textile 3DEF

I started with a card front sized piece of Freesia cardstock which I embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3DEF. I then used a Blending Brush to ink the edges with coordinating ink. It was very hard to photograph - but it really makes the flowers pop off the background.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Peaceful Moments, Many Layered Blossoms Dies, Tasteful Labels Dies, Tasteful Textile 3DEF

I cropped both layers of the Many Layered Blossoms Dies from Whisper White card. I first adhered a piece of Adhesive Sheet to the back of the card that I cropped the finer layer from - it makes it much easier to stick down to the bottom layer. The whole piece was popped up on Dimensionals. A Tasteful Labels die was used to crop the Peaceful Moments sentiment.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Peaceful Moments, Many Layered Blossoms Dies, Tasteful Labels Dies, Tasteful Textile 3DEF

I cropped a smaller piece of the fine layer of Blossoms for the inside of the card. You can hopefully see that I've applied some Freesia ink first.

We'd love for you to play along with our challenges each week. It's as easy as making an appropriate card and then uploading a photo to our Facebook Group.


Once again, I am the last stop on the Blog Hop if you joined us from the start in the Facebook group. If you joined part way through, please keep hopping until you get back to where you started. The net stop is my fabulous friend, Rachel Palmieri, who has a very sweet card for you to see.


Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. This card is so pretty Tina, and I can see exactly how you were inspired by the DSP. The inside is pretty special with the blended colour behind the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Tina. The contrast of only white is perfect and I like your choice of die for the inside. All your sponging has taken this card to the next level.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.