Pages

Wednesday 23 February 2022

Colour Creations: Poppy Parade

 Hi!


Are you enjoying this week's Colour Creations Blog Hop? Poppy Parade is such a happy red! I was finally able to place an order, which scored me the Driving By stamp set as a Sale-A-Bration reward. I have a friend who has a restored Combi van that is red, so I used it for inspiration for my card tonight.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Driving By SAB, Suit & Tie Dies, Sweet As A Peach, Stampin' Blends

I used my Poppy Parade and Basic Black Stampin' Blends to colour the combi, which was then fussy cut.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Driving By SAB, Suit & Tie Dies, Sweet As A Peach, Stampin' Blends

The road is simply cropped using one of the Suit & Tie Dies, and then I used a white gel pen to hand draw the lane markings. If you don't have the S&T dies, there's a similar die in the All Dressed Up Dies.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Driving By SAB, Suit & Tie Dies, Sweet As A Peach, Stampin' Blends

I repeated the scene again for the inside, but oriented it to the left. I quite like stamping the sentiment at the bottom of the card rather than in the middle. Just something a little bit different!

That's all from me for this week's Blog Hop, but please do continue your way around our hop. Just keep going until you get back to where you started. The next cab off the ranks is my lovely friend, Christine Blain.


If you get stuck along the way, please jump on over to Catherine Proctor's blog. She's got a list of all participants, and you'll be able to pick up your trail again there.

Bye for now,

Tina


9 comments:

  1. Tina, you are so creative with your use of the All Dressed Up and/or Suit & Tie Dies – I never know when they are going to pop up on your cards or what clever way you will use them next. This card is just perfect in its elegant simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous Tina. I’m in love with the simplicity of this card and love your little red combi. Very inventive in creating the road. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a Poppy Parade Combi - such fun! I really like how you stamped the sentiment, especially on the inside of the card, Tina. I have great memories of driving a Combi from Melbourne to WA in my younger years, so am rather tickled with this design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, I love it! Very creative road! This combi is just delightful and I love the card you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina I love the simplicity of your card which makes the red combi the standout star. Love your idea of stamping the sentiment at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great fun card Tina, I love it. Thanks for sharing how you made the road. what a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card Tina and a nifty way to make the road.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so clever Tina! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the S&T dies for the road! Such a cute and clever card, Tina!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.