Pages

Wednesday 2 March 2022

Colour Creations: Pumpkin Pie

 Hi!


It's time for Pumpkin Pie! Sadly, not the food, but the colour. Well, maybe 'sadly' isn't the right word - the colour is a nice one, I'm just hungry as I'm writing the post! Anyway, enough with the rambling, on with the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Daisy Lane, Pattern Party Hostess DSP, Stitched Shapes Dies, Tasteful Textile 3DEF, Stampin' Blends

I struggled a lot with the card this week, and the end result was vastly different to the card I had planned originally. The daisy was meant to be on a tone-on-tone Pumpkin Pie background, but it didn't look good and ended up in the bin. The striped DSP was an attempt to bring a bit more orange into the card.It kinda makes me think of tigers, though! I would totally have used Foxy Friends instead of the daisy if it was still current.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Daisy Lane, Pattern Party Hostess DSP, Stitched Shapes Dies, Tasteful Textile 3DEF, Stampin' Blends

After I made the card I googled to see if tiger daisies were a thing - and they are! Phew! The daisy and the tiger stripes are a justifiable combination. LOL!!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Daisy Lane, Pattern Party Hostess DSP, Stitched Shapes Dies, Tasteful Textile 3DEF, Stampin' Blends

I pulled out my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the daisy on the inside. Some things just can't be done on a Stamparatus!

Thanks for stopping by for a little taste of Pumpkin Pie (pun intended!). Please continue your way around our blog hop tonight by jumping on over to my lovely friend, Andrea Sargent's blog. You won't be disappointed!

Head baker for tonight (oh geez, I have to stop with the pie jokes!) is the fabulous Catherine Proctor, so if you run into problems hop on over to her blog, where she has a list of all tonight's participants.

Bye for now,

Tina

9 comments:

  1. This "head baker" actually hates pumpkin pie (the dish) but loves the taste of Pumpkin Pie you've "dished up" with this striking card! I love the way the orange really pops against the black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Geez, you betcha made me think about actual pumpkin pie from when we lived in the US! LOL! I loved your Tiger Daisy great with the stripes behind very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, I've never heard of tiger daisies and would never have thought to Google it either - well done you. The orange and black stripes look very striking! Loving the puns - hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed at your comment that the background paper made you think of tigers, Tina ... I thought the same! I'm intrigued by the "tiger daisy" thing - must look that up. Black and white are great complements to Pumpkin Pie; nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you're on a roll. why stop? I chuckled anyway. Your card packs a punch with those vibrant stripes, and I like the idea of Tiger daisies - a combo of two things I love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stripes certainly make a striking card Tina. Great colours and design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, you make me laugh. I guess it's like never go shopping when you're hungry!!!
    Your card has just the right amount of PP with the daisy and the tiger stripes. The black really makes the features pop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely bold car Tina yet that daisy is just lovely. Who knew there was such a thing as a tiger daisy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Tiger Daisy card Tina - and what do you know - that are actually orange too. (I had to check google to see what they looked like). The bold stripes set off the daisy brilliantly. Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.