Pages

Thursday 30 April 2020

JAI #503: Just Choose Two

Hi!


Welcome to a new week of Just Add Ink challenges. This week Nikki is asking us to Choose Two.


To make it simple, you just need to make a card that uses two of either Stencils, Pencils or Patterned Paper. Easy! I went with Stencils and Pencils this week, mostly because I liked that it rhymes!

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Kindred Stamps, Size Doesn't Matter, Dragon Scales Stencil, Sponge Brayer, Watercolour Pencils

I started with a piece of Shimmery White cardstock and a stencil from Kindred Stamps called Dragon Scales. I used my Sponge Brayers with Mint Macaron ink to roll on the ink so that it's a little darker at the bottom of the card. This was attached to a Basic Grey card base. The card really shimmers, but I couldn't quite catch that in my photos, but I thought it was perfect for the dragon scale effect.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Kindred Stamps, Size Doesn't Matter, Dragon Scales Stencil, Sponge Brayer, Watercolour Pencils

The wizard was stamped in Memento ink On Whisper White card. He's from another Kindred Stamps set, called Size Doesn't Matter. I coloured him using my Watercolour Pencils, in Basic Black, Basic Grey, Calypso Coral and Early Espresso. As always, the colour is blended with my Wink Of Stella pen. The sentiment was heat embossed with White Embossing Powder on a piece of Basic Grey, stuck flat to the card, and then the wizard was popped up over the top. A few sequins finished the front.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Kindred Stamps, Size Doesn't Matter, Dragon Scales Stencil, Sponge Brayer, Watercolour Pencils

I made this card to give to my husband, Rob, as we celebrated our 18th Wedding Anniversary earlier this month. I couldn't resist adding this character to the inside, as it fits so well with the sentiment! Rob loved the card, thankfully.

That's all from me this week! We are still staying safe at home, and South Australia just recorded 8 days in a row with no COVID-19 cases. That's pretty exciting news! In more exciting news, you can pop over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you'll find the rest of this weeks cards, and the link to add your card in to the challenge. Which two will you choose?

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.