Pages

Sunday 3 May 2020

CTC #269 W1: CASE Your Favourite Retiring Bundle

Hi!


Thanks for joining me once again for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. Did you arrive from Sandra's blog, with her sweet daisy card? Or are you starting here? Either way, just keep on hopping until you get back to where you started.


This week we are CASEing our favourite Retiring Bundle. I chose the Tropical Chic bundle, which actually retired as a bundle a year ago, but is being completely retired at the end of the current Annual Catalogue.


I loved all of the leaves in the stamps and dies, great for creating a big impact on your card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Label me Bold, Tropical Chic, Tropical Dies, Pigment Sprinkles

I started by creating the background for my card, which is just the Granny Apple Green Pigment Sprinkles on Thick Whisper White card. I used a lot of water, so that I could get a soft, nearly bokeh-like effect.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Label me Bold, Tropical Chic, Tropical Dies, Pigment Sprinkles

I stamped the leaves and flowers with Granny Apple Green, Garden Green and Melon Mambo on WW card, and then cropped them with the Tropical Dies. I then layered them on then card front, with a little swirl of Rose Metallic Thread between the leaves and flowers. A few Iridescent Sequins finished off the card front.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Label me Bold, Tropical Chic, Tropical Dies, Pigment Sprinkles

I used the same arrangement of leaves and flowers as the front on the inside of the card, except I omitted the thread and pulled it closer to the corner so that there is more room to write a message.

So what is your favourite Retiring Bundle from the Catalogues? It can be from either catalogue, so there's plenty to choose from! When you've made your card, just add a photograph of it to the wall in our Facebook group. Easy!


That's all from me this week, so now you're off to see Marvi, with Peta Stephen and her 'magnifique' card!


Bye for now,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. OH WOW, the pigment background is a stunner! I love your card, and the cluster of flowers and leaves is just wonderful, and repeating it on the inside is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the background! Great job with the pigment sprinkles. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous, Tina. The background is amazing. Love the inside too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love an inky background and this has such an impact! The leaf and flower clusters are beautiful and I love how you've repeated them on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Tina, the Sprinkles background is stunning. The inside is nearly as good as the outside, fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous background!! It's a perfect bokeh look!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a winner Tina. Love how you recreated the same bouquet on the inside

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.