Pages

Sunday 12 April 2020

CTC #267 Week 1: Flowers Of The Ornate Garden Suite

Hi!


Hello! Happy Easter! I hope you had a lovely day. I actually got a nice little sleep in, as the teenagers weren't up at the crack of dawn to see what the Easter Bunny brought them. I spent the rest of the day sewing a quilt top for my oldest son, Alex. He's 17 tomorrow, so I'm on a deadline. I might just make it!


Anyway, you're probably here for the CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. This week we are taking our inspiration from the flowers in the new, early release suit, Ornate Garden. There are stamped flowers, die cut flowers, or flowers in the DSP. I decided that I would make a card that uses a different DSP, but a technique that you could use with the Ornate Garden DSP.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Country Home, Label Me Bold, Peaceful Poppies DSP, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Stampin' Blends

I haven't played much with the Peaceful Poppies DSP for a while. I chose the sheet that had a heap of poppies, berries and leaves that were perfect for fussy cutting. I cut a bunch for the front of my card. When looking for a vase to put them in, I couldn't go past the milk jug from Country Home. I stamped it on a scrap of Whisper White and then coloured it with my Smokey Slate Stampin' Blends.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Country Home, Label Me Bold, Peaceful Poppies DSP, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Stampin' Blends

I popped up the jug on another piece of Whisper White that I'd cropped with the largest Stitched So Sweetly Die. I then arranged the flowers and foliage, adhering some flat and popping some up.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Country Home, Label Me Bold, Peaceful Poppies DSP, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Stampin' Blends

I also fussy cut some extra bits and pieces to use on the inside of my card. I like the way that the leaves and berries curve in both directions, so cutting them for an arrangement like this was easy.

I hope my card inspires you to fussy cut some flowers from the Ornate Garden DSP and see what you can make with them. When you're done, you can upload your card into our Facebook group. I'd love to see what you do!


For now though, it's time to continue on your way around the Blog Hop. Next up is the fabulous Siobhan, with her gorgeous floral card.


Bye for now,

Tina

9 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!! I love love love your card, and I would love to CASE this idea Tina. It's just wonderful!! The cluster of fussy cut flowers looks brilliant inside the milk can. Brilliant card!! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clean blue and white background, and the jug of fussy-cut flowers is a bit clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous fussy cutting Tina! I love the vessel you've chosen and how the flowers spill over the diecut. Gorgeous and fun. Happy Birthday to your young man today! Hope you got your project finished and look forward to you sharing a photo of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Tina, I love all the fussy cut flowers, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Tina. Because the background of the flowers is so similar to the DSP background they look much more cut out than they are, if you know what I mean. They really pop off the page. Fabulous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally gorgeous Tina, I just love how massive your bouquet is- that's how I love flowers in my house- well in my dreams anyway! Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! It looks so good, the bunch of flowers you created looks perfect and your colouring on the milk jug looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing colouring of the milk jug. A lot of fussy cut OMg but it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that's just so pretty!!! And that fussy cutting is on point!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.