Pages

Thursday 16 April 2020

JAI #501: Just Add Inspiration

Hi!


Hello, and welcome back to the latest Just Add Ink challenge. This week Jackie has found this fabulous picture to inspire our creativity. I'd love one of these set ups in the backyard right now! Actually, maybe the side yard, as we back onto a golf course and a little privacy while lounging would be better!


The look and colours makes me think of India and the Middle East - what about you? They also remind my of some DSP that we used to have, probably 7-8 years ago, that was Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo. I decided to use colours inspired by the photo - Mango Melody, Melon Mambo, Early Espresso, Call Me Clover and Whisper White.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, Just Add Ink, Sweet Sentiments

They are bold colours, so I just used a touch of each on my card. The Mango, Espresso and Mambo strips were popped up over my Whisper White card base.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, Just Add Ink, Sweet Sentiments

The stamps and dies are a bundle from Uniquely Creative, called Sweet Sentiments. I cut the larger 'birthday' die cut in Clover and layered it under the smaller Whisper White die cut. I tried the combo the other way around to show the Clover more, but it didn't pop against the background. Oops, I just noticed I've lost the dot on my 'i'!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, Just Add Ink, Sweet Sentiments

I used the stamps again on the inside for my sentiment. I think we all need a year full of laughs right now!

What do you see in the Inspiration Photo? There's a great stamp set in the current Mini Catalogue that would work for the pavilion. So many ideas! When you've made your card, you can link it up for the Challenge over on the Just Add Ink blog. You can also see the rest of this week's Design team cards.

1 comment:

  1. I love your CAS card. The way you layered all those papers is so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.