Pages

Thursday 23 April 2020

JAI #502: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!


It's Friday again, which means it's nearly the weekend, but first it's time for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This time it's a sketch designed by me!


I must have designed it a while ago, as I didn't remember it at all! I really like it though, there's lots of fun stuff you could do with it. I actually flipped the sketch and then pushed the layers off-center, as it suited my plan better.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Ink Road Stamps, Just Add Ink, Game On, Minecraft, Stitched Rectangle Dies

My oldest child, Alex, turned 17 this month. He had a quiet birthday while sheltering at home, but I made up for it by ordering him an Oreo cake from the Cheesecake Shop. We also toasted some marshmallows around our fire pit, so overall he enjoyed his birthday.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Ink Road Stamps, Just Add Ink, Game On, Minecraft, Stitched Rectangle Dies

Today's card is an attempt to replicate one of his favourite games, Minecraft. To make the background, I just cut a heap of 1/2 inch squares from brown, grey and green cardstock. I then arranged them on a piece of Smokey Slate cardstock using Tombow glue. The stamps are from an Ink Road Stamps set called Game On. I stamped them in Call Me Clover, to match the vibrant green of Minecraft.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Ink Road Stamps, Just Add Ink, Game On, Minecraft, Stitched Rectangle Dies

I had some left over squares, so they were perfect for the inside of the card. According to Alex, the sentiment on the inside belongs to a sneaky character called a Creeper, that sneaks up on you and explodes! They are hard to see, so all you usually get as warning is the sssss before the boom! Have you learnt something - I certainly did!

That's it from me today - I'm off to practice the Last Post so that I can play it on my driveway tomorrow morning for Anzac Day. Hopefully I don't mess it up too badly! While I'm practicing, why don't you pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can see the rest of this week's Design team cards? You can also link up your own for the challenge. I can't wait to see what you do with my sketch.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.