Pages

Thursday 9 April 2020

JAI #500: Just Add A Die Cut Word

Hi!


Wow!! Just Add Ink is celebrating it's 500th Challenge with a massive Blog Hop! Thanks for joining us for the Hop, and hopefully the challenge. Are you starting here, or have you come from the lovely Kelly's blog? Her card is so beautiful! This week Jan has set the challenge, and it's an easy one!


Yes, Just Add A Die Cut Word to your card. The hard part will be choosing which word to add!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Three Room Studio, All In This Together, Well Written Dies, Copic Markers

I decided to use this free digi stamp by Three Room Studio, called All In This Together, on my card. I printed the image and then coloured it with my Copics. I didn't do any blending with the markers, it was all just straight colouring. I chose some darker colours at the top and the bottom of the card, for the sky and the road/grass/front of the houses. I chose a lot of lighter colours for the rest of the card, hopefully this kept all the speech bubbles as the focus of the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Three Room Studio, All In This Together, Well Written Dies, Copic Markers

I used a scrap of Whisper White to create the speech bubble for the die cut words. It's really just a rectangle with a triangle at the bottom and rounded corners. I adhered the die cuts from the Well Written Dies  and popped the whole lot up on Dimensinals. The Die set doesn't actually have a letter I, so I just used the top of the exclamation mark for my I.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Three Room Studio, All In This Together, Well Written Dies, Copic Markers

When I printed the digi stamp, the first attempt was a bit of a failure, as I forgot to alter one of the settings on my printer, and it was much too large. Oops! I was about to chuck out the mistake, but I noticed the three word bubbles and thought that they would work nicely for an inside sentiment. As a bonus, they match the front perfectly!

Our challenge is the same as it is every week, just make your die cut word card and add your link to the Just Add Ink blog. Before you go start making your card, don't forget to finish the rest of the Blog Hop! Next up is the fabulous Nikki, with her adorable card.


Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. Amazing Tina, love the additional words inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous creation for these oh so troubled times. I am really impressed with it. Thanks for the challenge and the blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Tina, soooo appropriate for these hard times, love your composition with the light colours through the middle and the extra bubbles inside.... Congrats to JAI team on 500 challenges - lets all craft more, stay safe, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card for right now! Love it :). Congrats on 500 challenges! I hope you're having a great Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card inside and out ! So very perfect for this difficult time x Thank you for sharing xx ill hop on x
    500 happy birthdays

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards! Perfect for right now!

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've made it look so easy! I love how it looks like there's a ombre blending on your first card! And of course, each of those text bubbles stands out pretty well!! The sentiment inside is perfect too! Thanks for the inspiration and congrats on the 500 challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfectly timely given our current situation and great fun! Congratulations too on the 500th JAI challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.