Pages

Thursday 2 April 2020

JAI #499: Just Add A Colour Combo

Hi!


I hope you are all staying safe and staying home - we certainly are! I thought it might mean more crafting time, but supervising the kids with their school work and being Rob's coffee lady is running me off my feet! I had a quick half hour to throw a card together for this week's Just Add Ink challenge though. Rachael has given us a soft, pretty colour combo to work with.


I'm not quite sure why, but every time I looked at the colours I immediately thought of gingham!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Timeless Tulips, Subtle DSP, Balloon Bouquet Punch, Nature Thoughts Dies, Easter Card

Thankfully each of the colour family DSP packs has this gorgeous gingham paper! I layered some Balmy Blue Gingham DSP under the rectangular die cut from the Nature's Thoughts Dies. I love the pretty stitching effect on the border of the die cut. The two layers were popped up on a Whisper White Notecard, which is smaller than a regular card base. The die cut rectangle fits perfectly!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Timeless Tulips, Subtle DSP, Balloon Bouquet Punch, Nature Thoughts Dies, Easter Card

I used my Balloon Bouquet Punch to create the Easter Eggs. All I had to do was snip off the bottom part of the balloon - the knotted bit - and turn the shapes upside down. Easy! The sentiment is from the new Timeless Tulips stamp set. The whole sentiment is not something I'd ever use, so I took my snips to the stamp and just chopped off the Happy Easter bit.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Timeless Tulips, Subtle DSP, Balloon Bouquet Punch, Nature Thoughts Dies, Easter Card

The Balloon Bouquet Punch crops two balloons each time, so I used the remaining three on the inside of my notecard. I didn't have a sentiment to put on the inside, so I just left it blank - more room for writing!

Please head on over to check out the Just Add Ink blog. You can find the links to the other Design Team cards, and you can also add your card to the challenge gallery. I can't wait to see what you do with these colours!

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute card! I love that rectangular die but haven't been able to find it in the catalog. Is it retired?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindi! The Die is from the Nature's Thoughts set, which was available until the end of March. I have a feeling that it's coming back for the next Annual Catalogue though.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.