Pages

Sunday 26 April 2020

CTC #268: CASE The Colours of the Ornate Garden DSP

Hi!


Thanks for joining me once again for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. We've been running our challenges for a fortnight lately, but to start the new Catalogue challenges at the right time, we are running challenge #268 for one week. So what is the challenge?


The colours of the Ornate Garden Suite! Such. fun, fresh palette of colour. You can use a few, or the whole lot, what ever suits you! I actually managed to use the lot, except the new In Colour, Bumblebee. We don't have that yet, so I switched out for Mango Melody.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Free As A Bird, Bird Ballad Laser Cut Cards, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Stampin' Blends

I started by sponging a piece of Whisper White with Old Olive, Mint Macaron and Terracotta Tile ink. I wasn't really happy with it, but here's a hint for you - whack it behind a piece of laser cut paper and it looks so much better! In this case I used one of the Bird Ballad Laser Cut cards, which are sadly retiring. I chopped the card in half and just used the front of the card. I mounted it on a base of Early Espresso.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Free As A Bird, Bird Ballad Laser Cut Cards, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Stampin' Blends

I cut a Gold Foil Stitched Circle, and layered it under a label from the Stitched So Sweetly dies. The bird, from Free As A Bird, was stamped in Early Espresso and coloured with my Mint Macaron, Mango Melody and Soft Suede Blends.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Free As A Bird, Bird Ballad Laser Cut Cards, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Stampin' Blends

I stamped and coloured him the same way for the inside. I used the other half of the Bird Ballad Laser  Cut Card for the inside, as it was the perfect size for the card base.

Don't forget that you only have one week for this colour challenge. Once you've made your card, simply add it to the Facebook group. It's that easy!


First though, please do finish our Blog Hop! There's lots of inspiration, and ways to use the colours. You've love Rebecca's fab cards!


6 comments:

  1. Oh I love the way you've cut the laser card in half. And the sponged background is so amazing. What a glorious card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sponged background!!! It looks lovely with the laser cut card over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the background through the laser cut lace: super-dramatic and yet feminine at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I didn't end up buying the laser cut cards but I think I will have to sneak in an order, they are so pretty. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sponging looks great behind the laser cut cards. Love the colouring on the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sponging looks great behind the laser cut card, great idea to just cut the original card in half to use the front.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.