Pages

Sunday 19 April 2020

CTC #267 Week 2: Flowers Of The Ornate Garden Suite

Hi!


Welcome back for this week's CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. We are up to Week 2 of our current challenge, which is to make a card that is inspired by the flowers of the Ornate Garden Suite.

Last week I did a heap fo fussy cutting with the Peaceful Poppies DSP. This week I decided to go more literal and use one of the stamp sets from the suite, Ornate Style.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Ornate Style, Swirly Frames, Label Me Bold, Peaceful Moments, In Colour DSP, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Blends

I started by stamping the frame from Swirly Frames on a piece of Whisper White cardstock. I also stamped it on a piece of copy paper and trimmed away the piece on the inside of the frame. I then used the copy paper as a mask and stamped the flowers through it.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Ornate Style, Swirly Frames, Label Me Bold, Peaceful Moments, In Colour DSP, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Blends

I then coloured the image with my Stampin' Blends. I used Rococo Rose, Daffodil Delight, Purple Posy and Granny Apple Green. I coloured the outer areas with Light Pool Party. A sentiment from Label Me Bold finished off the front of the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Ornate Style, Swirly Frames, Label Me Bold, Peaceful Moments, In Colour DSP, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Blends

For the inside, I stamped the same flowers as the front, I just turned the stamp on it's side. They are coloured the same was as the front of the card. The sentiment is from Peaceful Moments.

That's all from me this week. We are at the halfway point for our challenge, so you still have a week to make a card and post it to the Facebook Group. What inspires you from the flowers of the suite?


Before you dash off to get creating, don't forget to finish the Blog Hop! Next up is the lovely Bec!


Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, love the way the frame emphasises the flowers.Love your colour choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the masking idea with the swirly frames! Thankyou so much for sharing. Your card and your colouring are just stunning!! I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Tina, I love the frame around the flowers and your colouring is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you’ve done with the masking of the frame. It really looks like a framed artwork on a wall. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for the frame, beautiful colouring but I especially like the script background to calm it all down

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.