Pages

Thursday 3 August 2023

JAI 664: Just Add Colour

 Hi!


Hooray - it's Friday! It's been a busy week for me, but for Friday through to Sunday my diary is looking very blank. I'm looking forward to having some crafty time, both with paper and fabric over the weekend. What about you? Hopefully you can find time to play along with our new Just Add Ink challenge.


This week Di has suggested this gorgeous colour combo for us to play with. I adore the blue/greens, and the soft purple is a stunning colour to complement them. I decided to go with a somewhat floral card, even though Pool Party and Lost Lagoon aren't really 'leafy' colours. I think it turned out beautifully, though.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up! Happy Birthday To You Bundle

I pulled an old stamp and die set, Happy Birthday To You, off my shelf and stamped the cake image on Shimmery White paper using Stazon ink so that I could watercolour the image. I used Pool Party for the cake and the other two colours for the blooms.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up! Happy Birthday To You Bundle

The sheer Pool Party ribbon adds a lovely bit of pizzazz to the card, don't you think? It shimmers nicely, too, to go along with the Shimmery White cardstock that I've stamped and coloured.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Stampin' Up! Happy Birthday To You Bundle

I stamped the cake image again for the inside, just catching a portion of it on the edge of the card. It's a bit too big to stamp the whole image on the inside!

What do you see with the colours? There are so many possibilities. You can see what the rest of the Design Team have done with the colours over on the Just Add Ink blog. You can also add your card to our Linky when you're ready to enter the challenge.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.