Pages

Wednesday 23 August 2023

Colour Creations: Cherry Cobbler

 Hi!


Hello, and thanks for joining me for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week it's Cherry Cobbler's chance to shine!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Sending Smiles Bundle

I struggled with ideas for this card, and ended up just seeing what happened when I played with my Sending Smiles bundle. I ended up really liking the card! I offset the main art panel, and I think it worked nicely. It allowed me to overhang one of the flowers on the left by quite a bit.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Sending Smiles Bundle

My inkpad clearly needs to be reinked, but I liked the effect of the slightly softer flowers, so I kept on going with the inkpad as it was. I think it goes in nicely with the tone-on-tone DSP in the background, which is from a retired Regals DSP pack. For a little extra oomph, I swished the Crushed Curry flower centres with a swipe of Wink Of Stella.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Sending Smiles Bundle

A few more blooms finished off the inside nicely!

Please keep making your way around tonight's blog hop. The next stop along the way is my lovely friend and fellow South Aussie, Andrea Sargent.


The wonderful Cathy Proctor is hosting this week's blog hop, so jump Inver to her blog if you run into any issues with links. She will have a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. The offset the main art panel with the overhang flower is so effective, Tina. I actually thought you had stamped the ink off for the flowers, the slightly softer tone looks great with the DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Cherry Cobbler flowers Tina, I also love off centering the main panel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherry Cobbler is not a colour I would have thought to use with these flowers, but they look beautiful, Tina! I'm sure the glimmery flower centres look so pretty in real life. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Tina. I love your Cherry Cobbler flowers, especially with the added dimension of some popped up. The off-set panel works so well. Beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Tina, the off set really draws the eye into the card. I love Cherry Cobbler it's so bright.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card turned out so well Tina, and I love the way the flowers are doing their own thing. Cherry Cobbler is a bit unexpected for the petals but surprises are good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Tina. You've done a great job with this bundle. I love that you offset the feature panel so the blooms could overhang and others popped up for dimension. A beautiful birthdqy card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.