Pages

Wednesday 9 August 2023

Colour Creations: Cajun Craze

 Hi!


Welcome to my blog for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are featuring Cajun Craze, a terracotta colour that had a lot of us surprised when it survived the colour refresh. It's one of those colours that most of us don't use much, but is actually a really useful colour.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Sending Smiles Bundle, Fresh As A Daisy DSP

I decided to use some Fresh As A Daisy DSP for my card. I really like this sheet of flowers, where Cajun Craze features as the centres of the blooms. I gave them a little brush of Wink Of Stella to add a subtle little bit of pizzazz to the card.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Sending Smiles Bundle, Fresh As A Daisy DSP

I used my Sending Smiles bundle to complete the card. The paper is so gorgeous that it doesn't really need much else to go with it.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Sending Smiles Bundle, Fresh As A Daisy DSP

I had to get a bit fancy for the inside of my card. I wanted the sentiment to flow from the front to the inside, so I had to mask the '&' from a different stamp to add to the front of 'sunshine to brighten your day'. I also used some DSP offcuts to finish off the inside.

That's all from melt please do continue your way around our blog hop tonight. You won't want to miss any of the Cajun Craze gorgeousness. The next stop along the way is my lovely friend, Di Furniss.


If at any time you find a broken link, please head to the blog of this week’s host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Cathy Proctor, and she will have the list of all participants.

Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. You've used this DSP perfectly to make such a pretty card, Tina. The sentiment flows perfectly across to the inside of the card that is of course impeccably stamped and decorated as you always do. I really like the look of Cajun Craze and Boho Blue together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful card Tina. Seeing your use of the “Sending” sentiments reminds me that I must use it more. It adds a lovely addition to the Daisy DSP. The DSP flags inside the card are gorgeous - something different. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have thought to pair Cajun Craze with blues, but how good does it look? I like the softness of the blue patterned paper, with the bold Cajun Craze. Nice choice, Tina - and lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa Gerrard9 August 2023 at 20:34

    Such a pretty card Tina and I love how the Blue tones down the bold Cajun Craze. Great choice of sentiment. It really does brighten the recipients day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful sunny and pretty card! The blue goes so well with Cajun Craze. I love the Sending on the front and the getting fancy on the inside with your & so fancy! Love it! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Cajun craze is quite unexpected here in flower centres and I do like the framing of the DSP with the slim outline of more Cajun Craze.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Tina. I love the label die you used on the front of the card, I can’t pick what set it is from? I love the inside of your card too. Great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a bright and cheerful card, Tina. I love this particular piece of DSP and had it out myself to create with, but changed my mind at the last minute. Very clever use of creating the sentiment so it flows inide the card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.