Pages

Monday 14 August 2023

Heart Of Christmas Week 2

 Hi!


Welcome back to my blog for the second Heart Of Christmas Blog Hop. Do you enjoy starting your Christmas card making early in the year, or are you a last minute crafter? Either way, there's lots of inspiration for you when you are ready.

scissorspapercard, Heart Of Christmas, Stampin' Up! Love, Santa Tag Kit

I've once again used the tags from the Love, Santa Tags Kit as the basis for my card. The tags are quite large - the perfect size to feature on a card, I think! I just chopped the tag loop off the top of Santa's head and he was good to go.

scissorspapercard, Heart Of Christmas, Stampin' Up! Love, Santa Tag Kit

I made the tag as directed by the kit, except that I added the loops of twine under the sentiment label rather than use them in the (now chopped off) tag loop.

scissorspapercard, Heart Of Christmas, Stampin' Up! Love, Santa Tag Kit

The inside of my card is a little nod to the fabulous Matildas - I used a little piece of left over Shaded Spruce DSP from the front of the card, and then I trimmed a little piece off the side of the laser cut elements piece from the kit for the yellow strip. 

That's all from me for tonight's blog hop, but please keep on hopping around all of the blogs. There's lots to see! Just keep on going until you get back to where you started. The next stop along the way is the lovely Amie McIlroy.


If, at any stage, you find a broken link, please pop on over to our lovely host, Sharon Davern's blog. She will have a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you going again.

Bye for now,

Tina

10 comments:

  1. Great quick and easy card Tina, love how you've used the tag for your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Santa tag looks like it is made for a card front, Tina - great focal point! I haven't used Shaded Spruce much in the past, but am loving it for Christmas this year. I am definitely an early Christmas crafter ... by about November, I've run out of oomph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the inspiration showing how to create a card with this kit. I’m off to have a play with this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cheerful and colourful card Tina and what a cute Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another oh so cute card using the Love Santa Tags kit. I love your bright happy colours communicating ‘Happy’ Christmas. It’s great seeing a tag used to create a card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snap, my friend on using the Santa tags! Love the bright graphic style and colours of your card and especially the nod to the Tillys inside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tina that's very ingenious of you to use the tag for your card this week. The Shaded Spruce paper was the perfect choice for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this bold and bright card, created with tags from a kit. Cropping the tag top and using the twine behind the sentiment, is perfect. Go the Matilda's with your little nod to them on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a bright, fun card with the Santa tag, Tina. They are a great size for cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tina these tags make fabulous cards and yours is just terrific. I love your choice of DSP and your homage to the wonderful Tillies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.