Pages

Wednesday 16 August 2023

Colour Creations: Calypso Coral

 Hi!


Hello, and welcome to the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week it's Calypso Coral's turn to shine! I think that Calypso Coral is one of those love it or hate it colours. Having said that, I'm a bit on the fence. It has it's uses, but I don't reach for it much.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Sending Smiles, Les Shoppes DSP

I recently purchased the Les Shoppes DSP and was keen to chop into it, hooray for Calypso Coral being one of the colours in the papers. I chose one of the shops from the papers and roughly cut around it before gluing it to some Thick Whisper White card. I then fussy cut it for the front of the card. This gives the paper some firmness when it's popped up on Dimensionals. We don't want a saggy building!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Sending Smiles, Les Shoppes DSP

I also cropped an awning from one of the shops on the edge of the paper, and a plant pot. I gave them the same treatment as the shop, and then popped them up over the first layer. It's a lovely bit of extra dimension for the card.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Sending Smiles, Les Shoppes DSP

I used Sending Smiles for the sentiment on the front of my card, but I've deliberately left the inside blank. I did fussy cut a paint tube to go with the art shop on the front of the card, though.

That's all from me for tonight, but please do make sure that you visit all of the blogs on tonight's hop. You'll certainly find lots of inspiration, starting with my lovely friend, Kate Morgan.


Catherine is having some much needed family time tonight, so I have taken over hosting duties for this evening's blog hop. Here's a list of all of tonight's participants in the event that you find a broken link somewhere.

Kate Morgan

6 comments:

  1. I love the paper you've used for the background, Tina. It evokes thoughts of weatherboards; perfect as a backdrop to your fussy-cut building. Great idea to glue the shop DSP to cardstock before cutting. Your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Les Shoppe paper is a perfect choice to feature Calypso Coral Tina. Thanks for the idea to prop the paper up by adhering it to cardstock and yes we can't have saggy buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love your craft shop card Tina. I agree, you don’t want a saggy building so adhering it to cardstock is clever. The added dimension with the awning and pot plant give special interest. The striped background looks great too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some really cute store fronts in this DSP and love the Art store used in your card Tina matching with the simple background DSP. Lovely card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is amazing, Tina. I'm yet to chop into this paper, but now I want to head straight to my craft space! I love the striped background DSP and no, you can't have a saggy building LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the combination of paper you've used for your card Tina and the added awning and pot plant do finish the scene off superbly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.