Pages

Wednesday 30 August 2023

Colour Creations: Coastal Cabana

 Hi!


Welcome to the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week it's Coastal Cabana's time to shine! I really love this blue-green, as I think it's a fun, versatile colour.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Light The Candles Kit

I pulled out my Light The Candles Kit, as Coastal Cabana is one of the featured colours. I went rogue though, just using the pieces from the kit to make a card rather than make one of the set cards. I was very inspired by a card made by Helen Read of All Things Stampy.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Light The Candles Kit

I love how the coloured stripes (which are meant to sit behind the laser cut candle paper) are glittery. It made stamping on them a bit of a challenge, but I think that the effort is worth it. I used my Night Of Navy ink pad instead of the Stazon ink that Helen used, as I didn't want to introduce yet another colour to the card.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Light The Candles Kit

There was a small strip of the spotty background paper left to use to decorate the inside of the card. The paper is actually the card base in the kit, but by cutting it in half and adding it to another card base, you can get two cards instead of one. Thrifty!

That's all from me for tonight, but as always, there is plenty more Coastal Cabana gorgeousness to be seen. The next stop in the Blog Hop is my fabulous friend, Ros Davidson, who loves bright colours so is sure to have made something wonderful with Coastal Cabana.


Speaking of fabulous, our host tonight is the fabulous Cathy Proctor. If you run into issues with links, just pop on over to her blog, where you'll find a list of all of tonight's hoppers to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. I love this bright, fun, card Tina! The font of the sentiments is delightfully playful. I just love the stamped sentiment inside. The glittery strips, dotty paper, and colour combo, are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun and glittery card, Tina. Great use of the kit materials in such a fresh and original design. Your card and its bright colours make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your bright & happy card. You have used the kit materials brilliantly. A wonderful modern design. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun and bright card Tina and a great use of the kit bits. I love the stamping onto the glitter paper and the addition of the spotty paper to the inside is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, what a brilliant bold card, Tina. I love those glittery stripes and the angles you have placed them and then stamped 'hip hip' on each one and then the 'hooray' over the top, love it! That spotty paper is perfect for birthdays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.