Pages

Sunday 6 August 2023

CTC 431: CASE The Annual Catalogue

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. It's such a great way to finish the weekend! This week, we are asking you to CASE any project from the Annual Catalogue.


I chose a card that caught my eye when I was looking for a previous challenge, but it didn't quite fit that challenge's brief. I filed away the idea for another time, and this week's challenge was that time!


I really liked the astronaut from Reach For The Stars stamped in the bright colours. It's absurdly fun, don't you think? It made me think of the artwork of Andy Warhol, so my card deviated a little from the original to make it more like the pop art style of Warhol's.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! Reach For The Stars, Stargazing DSP

I used my Stamparatus to stamp the astronaut image. I wanted it to be exactly the same in each square, so it was the perfect tool for the job. I stuck with the colours from the original card - Lemon Lime Twist, Berry Burst and Orchid Oasis - and added Calypso Coral for the fourth colour.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! Reach For The Stars, Stargazing DSP

I used the coordinating Stargazing DSP on the base of my card, and to matt the sentiment. I cropped a square out of the middle of the DSP where it won't be seen under the art panel and used a piece of it for the matt. Just a little trick to stretch your supplies further.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! Reach For The Stars, Stargazing DSP

I stamped the astronaut again on the inside in Lemon Lime Twist. It's such a fun colour, and I'm glad that it made a comeback.

We'd love for you to play along with us this week - well, every week! All you need to do is make a suitable card and then add a photo to our Facebook Group before the deadline on Sunday evening. Easy!


Please keep hopping your way around all of the blogs tonight - there's lots more Annual Catalogue creativity to be seen. The next stop is the wonderful Julia Quinn, with a stunning floral card.


Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.