Pages

Wednesday 5 July 2023

Colour Creations: Balmy Blue

 Hi!


Welcome back to this week's Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week it's Balmy Blue's turn to get a run. Hopefully you are well familiar with the soft blue, as it's been in the colour line up for a while now!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Level Complete, Stylish Shapes Dies, Brick & Mortar 3DEF

I recently purchased the Level Complete stamp set - it was a must-have for me, as three out of five of my family members are gamers. I'm sure that the fourth would be too if it was possible! I had fun with this card, starting with the arrows on the left side. I just measured and hand cut the arrows and layered the cardstock to get the effect. The sentiment actually says 'levelled up', but I chose to mask off the 'ed' so it just says level up.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Level Complete, Stylish Shapes Dies, Brick & Mortar 3DEF

I debated which colour to colour the controller. The temptation is to go the classic black/grey, but I didn't want a solid lump of dark colour on my card. Balmy Blue it was! I'm also aware that usually the buttons are all different colours, my brain was just too tired to think about that!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Level Complete, Stylish Shapes Dies, Brick & Mortar 3DEF

A bit of partial stamping and another sentiment, and my card was done! I really love the retro, boxy, computer game look of the fonts in this stamp set. It's a keeper, for sure!

Thanks for stopping by, but please do continue your way around tonight's blog hop. The next stop is the lovely Amie McIllroy.


As always, if you run into issues with links, Cathy Proctor is the lady in the know. Just jump on over to her blog, where you'll find a list of all tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

9 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, I love it! The teens in my house would love this too (I've been very tempted with this one, it's still on my list). The 'level up' and the arrows are awesome, so clever. I can almost here the sound effects, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Tina! I was hoping you'd purchase this stamp set and I knew you'd make an awesome card with it - you haven't disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you customised the controller to fit in with the colour theme of your card, Tina; it looks great. Love the way you decorated the inside ... and I agree, the font in this set is a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful card Tina. I am sure that whoever in your family receives this card will be delighted. I love the blue machine in front of a vellum circle. I hope you have a real energy boost in some special way. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Tina! I am pleased to see you have inked it up and created an awesome teen card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this teen card Tina, Simple yet says it all. the vellum circle really adds interest and brings the eye in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theresa Gerrard6 July 2023 at 11:38

    Tina I think your colour choice for the game controller is perfect as it matches the banner perfectly. The use of the banner pairs perfectly with the sentiment I think too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card for any gamer for a birthday. Might need to get this set for a few older than teen gamers in my house. Just saying 🤣🤣 Love the embossed background and the arrows for levelling up for a year older 😁 and the vellum under the controller. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the arrows on the side of the card and you are right about this stamp set being a keeper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.