Pages

Wednesday 19 July 2023

Colour Creations: Berry Burst

 Hi!


Welcome to the new Colour Creations Blog Hop, where we are celebrating a colour that I was thrilled to see make a return to the colour lineup. Berry Burst was a favourite, and one that I'd kept when it retired last time. Very handy when it was announced in the latest colour refresh!

I had thought to make a floral card with Berry Burst, but when I went to look at my current stamp sets, I could not find a single floral stamp set! Luckily today was a snap sale from Stampin' Up! with 15% off of all stamp sets.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Biggest Wish, Dots & Spots Die, Stylish Shapes Dies, More Dazzle Paper

I still wanted to make a feminine card, but I had to pivot just a little. I was also thrilled that the Dazzle paper (now known as More Dazzle) was making a return in this catalogue, so my card concept was based around both it and Berry Burst.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Biggest Wish, Dots & Spots Die, Stylish Shapes Dies, More Dazzle Paper

I used my Dots & Spots Die to crop the Berry Burst card and layered it over the More Dazzle paper. An extra little scrap was used as a banner under the 'birthday' part of my sentiment. I don't want to waste any of the paper!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Biggest Wish, Dots & Spots Die, Stylish Shapes Dies, More Dazzle Paper

Another little strip was used on the inside. While I don't want to waste it, I certainly don't want to hoard it! 

My lovely friend, Sharon Davern is the next stop on tonight's Blog Hop. I wonder what Berry Burst deliciousness she will have for us?


If you run into any problems with the Hop tonight, just jump on over to the wonderful Cathy Proctor's blog. She does a marvellous job of keeping us all organised.

7 comments:

  1. Tina, you've totally risen to the challenge of creating a feminine card without a floral stamp set. I adore the More Dazzle paper, and especially love the way it peeks through all those dots. What an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Berry Burst looks so pretty with the "disco" paper, Tina! Lovely card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa Gerrard20 July 2023 at 09:45

    OMG Tina I can't believe that you don't have a single flower stamp set! I often think I have far too many! Such a lovely bright and sparkly card and yes it is feminine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you don't have any floral sets, Tina?!! But, hey, this is a brilliant card with that dazzle paper and dots & spots die in Berry Burst. The sentiments are done perfectly too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the effect of the dots and spots and the dazzling sparkle paper layered behind. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little surprises you come up with week after week Tina. This is feminine, even though the dots die cut always looked masculine to me in the past. The Dazzle paper is just like a glomesh purse, so naturally very ladylike.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the more dazzle paper is popping through the dots and spots die. It looks feminine and would work in some many colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.