Pages

Sunday 9 July 2023

CTC 427: Die Cut Project

 Hi!


Hello, and thanks for joining me for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. It's been a while since I've been able to play along, and I'm so glad to be back!


This week we are asking you to CASE a Die Cut Project. Just choose a project from the catalogue that in some way uses a die cut and CASE it - too easy! The hard part will be choosing which project to CASE.


I went for this card from page 86 that features the Stargazing Suite of products. I purchased the Reach For The Stars stamp and die bundle a couple of months ago, but had yet to play with it. I was able to get the Stargazing DSP last month on special, too. Winning!

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! Reach For The Stars Bundle, Stargazing DSP

I kept my card nearly the same as the catalogue sample. I often find that's the best way to kick start my creativity when I'm using new products for the first time. The Stargazing DSP is awesome - I love the mix of papers and patterns in the pack. I don't have the Holographic Trio DSP, so I used Silver Foil for those elements.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! Reach For The Stars Bundle, Stargazing DSP

As I was constructing the card, I noticed that the astronaut's helmet in the catalogue was a little different to the stamped image. The catalogue sample uses the smallest circle die to crop some of the space DSP and adhered it over the helmet to make it look like space is reflected in the clear dome. What a cool trick! I took it one step further by giving the DSP a coating of Fine Tip Glue to make it look more like a real helmet.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! Reach For The Stars Bundle, Stargazing DSP

I also had a play with the dies on the inside of my card. As well as using one of the circular dies to crop the planet, I used the star dies to crop around the sentiment. The black that you see is the card base through the windows created by the die cuts.

We'd love for you to play along with us. Just CASE a project that uses a die cut in some way and add a photo to our Facebook group. It's that easy!


Before you go to get inky, don't forget to finish the blog hop. The next stop along the way is the fabulous Monique Fielder.


Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.