Pages

Wednesday 12 July 2023

Colour Creations: Basic Gray

 Hi!


Thanks for once again joining me for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are making Basic Gray the hero colour on our cards - a tricky task, I think! It's not a colour that naturally takes the limelight, it's more of a supporting actor.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Level Complete, Bright & Beautiful DSP, Stylish Shapes Dies

I still had my Level Complete stamp set on my desk, and it seemed the perfect choice for featuring this dark gray. In my day, all game consoles and controllers seemed to be made of dark gray, black or beige plastic. I've paired Basic Gray with Lemon Lolly and Azure Afternoon. I love a gray and yellow combo, and the pop of blue sets both off nicely.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Level Complete, Bright & Beautiful DSP, Stylish Shapes Dies

The main controller is heat embossed using Silver powder on Basic Gray cardstock. I actually meant to emboss it in black, but I picked up the wrong powder and it was too late before I realised. Oh well - I think I actually prefer the silver now! I used some Fine Tip Adhesive glue on the buttons to give them a bit of texture.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Level Complete, Bright & Beautiful DSP, Stylish Shapes Dies

Apologies for the photos tonight - I've had a sick young man all day who is very cuddly when he's poorly, so I've had to make this card in bits and pieces while I could. It was dark before I got to take photos. Family comes first, and he's a little more important than nice photos!

It's time to move on from my blog to that of my lovely friend, Christine Blain. She's a whizz with masculine cards, but she may just trick us and make a feminine card with Basic Gray. I can't wait to find out!


If you run into any issues with links, please jump on over to Cathy Proctor's blog to help get you back on track. She does a marvellous job each week of keeping us all sorted.

Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. Oh this is the perfect stamp set for this colour, Tina! Your hand stamped background really makes the main Basic Gray controller pop and the silver embossing looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, you made me laugh at the console colours... so true! What a great card and a nice mistake to heat emboss in Silver. How good is Lemon Lolly with Gray?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel Woollard12 July 2023 at 20:42

    Great accident to use silver with Basic Gray. Very effective to have the feature controller in Basic Gray and the background in white

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa Gerrard13 July 2023 at 09:43

    What a good way to describe Basic Gray as the supporting actor. You are just right. Likewise I think the silver embossing was the right end results even though it wasn't intended initially.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the silver embossing was a happy accident, Tina - it makes the controller look a bit "deluxe"! I really like the starry paper behind the controller; great choice. Sorry to not surprise you with a feminine card this week, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Tina, yes your boy comes first. I hope he is picking up. Such a fun card. You are making me love this set. I love the console in Basic Gray with silver embossing and touches of Fine Tip Glue. (I keep forgetting to use it like this.) Great colour combo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pop of blue and yellow on your card, they work so well with the Basic Gray.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved last weeks levelled up card but this one is even better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.