Pages

Wednesday 28 June 2023

Colour Creations: Pecan Pie

 Hi!


Welcome to our Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week, we are celebrating Pecan Pie, the last of the new colours to the Stampin' Up! range. It's a warm mid-brown that I think will grow on me - I haven't quite warmed to it yet.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, It's A Science, Tailor Made Tags Dies

I recently purchased the It's A Science stamp set, and couldn't wait to play. Like last week, I was very time poor, so a clean and simple card was called for. I really love the science puns in this stamp set, so it was a no brainer to use the matter icon all over the front of my card.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, It's A Science, Tailor Made Tags Dies

The matching sentiment was stamped Whisper White card, cropped with a Tailor Made Tags Die and popped up over the card base.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, It's A Science, Tailor Made Tags Dies

I used another pair of icon/sentiments for the inside of the card. I can see myself having a lot of fun with this stamp set!

That's all from me, but please do continue your way around our hop. Just keep on going until you get back to where you started. The next stop is the lovely Caroline Manwaring, and I'm sure that she's got something gorgeous for you to see.


As always, if you come across a broken link, pop on over to the wonderful Cathy Proctor's blog. She will have a list of all participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

10 comments:

  1. Tina, this is so cool and I love those puns. The crispness of the white tag against the brown is so stiking and love the background tone on tone stamping. I must revisit this stamp set now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel Woollard28 June 2023 at 20:05

    Simple but stylish card Tina, love the pun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are the master/mistress of clean and simple cards, Tina. I just love the monochrome elegance of your card with its repeating images and the hilarious puns. I also love this set and have just purchased it to use for my dad's birthday as science is his passion - I can't wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card for someone "science-minded", Tina. I do love a stamped background, created by repeating one image, and the "matter" stamp looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect in its simplicity, Tina. Love the matter symbol stamped on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa Gerrard29 June 2023 at 10:26

    Oh Tina, I love Pecan Pie, more than Soft Suede. I am sure it will grow on you. I really love how you can create such lovely "clean and simple" cards as they always look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous clean and simple card Tina. I love its simplicity. The tone on tone stamping with the white tag with the sentiment is delightful - and the sentiment made me smile. As always, the inside of your card is perfect. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the simplicity of your card, Tina! It's just gorgeous with the repeated stamped image on the card base.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this so much! I could really see members of my family loving this card with its puns. Love the stamping on the card base and then the tag. simple yet so effective! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah yeah, I got a giggle out of your card, love the simplicity, and it's a great way to showcase Pecan Pie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.