Pages

Thursday 6 July 2023

JAI 660: Just Add A Die Cut Inlay

 Hi!


It's time for the new Just Add Ink Challenge, and this week Kerry has suggested that we add a Die Cut Inlay to our projects.


What is a die cut inlay? To me, it's when you use a die to cut away part of a piece of DSP or cardstock and then drop a different piece of DSP or cardstock cropped using the same die into the space left behind. You could also just pop back the same piece that you cut for a subtle effect.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Uniquely Creative Sweet Sentiments Builder Stamps and Dies, Stampin' Up! Stylish Shapes Dies

I went bright and bold with mine! I used the circle dies from my Stylish Shapes Dies and scraps of cardstock from my Brights colours to create a bright, bubbly background. My initial thought was to reach for my white cardstock as a background, but changed my mind at the last minute to use black. It really makes the bright colours pop!

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Uniquely Creative Sweet Sentiments Builder Stamps and Dies, Stampin' Up! Stylish Shapes Dies

I cropped a circle from the background and then dropped in place a circle of the same size, but different colour. I used adhesive tape on the back to keep it in place, and then cropped another circle, making sure to overlap the previous circle. I kept going until I had a background that I was happy with. The sentiment over the top is from Uniquely Creative, called Sweet Sentiment Builder stamps and dies.

I didn't do an inside yet, as I ran out of time, but I will get one done soon. I'm trying to think of a way to use the discarded pieces from the front of the card. Thinking cap on!

I hope that your thinking cap is on too. We'd love to see what you make for our challenge. Pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you'll find the rest of this week's Design Team cards. You can also link up your card when you're ready.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.