Pages

Sunday 16 July 2023

CTC 428: Artistic Expression Section

 Hi!


Thanks for once again joining us for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. It's such a great way to finish off the week, don't you think?


This week we are asking you to CASE a project from the Artistic Expression section of the Annual Catalogue, which goes from page 94 to 119. It's a section that's jam packed with inspiration!


I chose this card from page 101. I don't have any of the products used in the catalogue sample, but I didn't let that stop me! Half the fun of CASEing is taking something and making it yours. In this case, I loved the way that part of the stamped image is cropped and popped up. I think it's such an effective look.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! It's A Science, Bright & Beautiful DSP

As I mentioned, I don't have any of the products used in the original, so I decided to use It's A Science as my stamp set. I used my Stamparatus to stamp the row of beakers I then coloured them with my Berry Burst, Lost Lagoon, Lemon Lime Twist and Blueberry Bushel Stampin' Write Markers.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! It's A Science, Bright & Beautiful DSP

The centre section was then cropped using a Layering Squares Die, matted and popped up over the rest of the row. I took the colours from the Bright & Beautiful DSP that I used on the base of my card. I masked off half of the sentiment, and just used the It's Your Birthday section for the front of the card.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up! It's A Science, Bright & Beautiful DSP

I used the other half on the inside, along with a beaker left over from the front of the card. I added bubbles to this beaker, as I thought that it worked nicely with the 'overreact' part of the sentiment. I really love the puns in this stamp set!

We'd love for you to play along with us on this challenge. All you need to do is make a suitable card and add a photo to our Facebook group. It's really very easy!


If you started the Blog Hop in the Facebook group, I am the last stop tonight. If you started mid way, just keep on gong until you get back to where you started. The next stop is the lovely Julia Quinn, with a gorgeous card that you won't want to miss.


Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Tina I love your brighter colour choices, and the stamp set looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.