Pages

Wednesday 18 January 2023

Colour Creations: Pear Pizzazz

 Hi!


Welcome to my blog for the new Colour Creations blog hop. This week it's Pear Pizzazz's turn to get some time in the spotlight. It's a lighter green from the Subtles colour family.


This week I went for a softer colour combo from Brain King as my inspiration. Evening Evergreen is a lovely, rich colour to match with Pear Pizzazz and Pale Papaya. I'd been recently sorting out eat kits that I had, and the combo made me think of the chameleon in the Let's Party Treat Packaging Kit stamp set.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, let's Party Treat Packaging Kit, Stitched Greenery Die, Stylish Shapes Dies, Forever Flourishing Dies

I started by stamping him in Evening Evergreen and then colouring him with my Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write Marker. The eyelid and the mosquito on top were coloured with my Pale Papaya Stampin' Blends. Now that I had hm coloured and fussy cut, I had to decide what to do with him!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, let's Party Treat Packaging Kit, Stitched Greenery Die, Stylish Shapes Dies, Forever Flourishing Dies

Pale Papaya makes me think of a sunset, so I cropped a circle using a Stylish Shapes Die and inked half the circle with Papaya, and the other half with Evergreen. I popped it over a background of Stitched Greenery, with a few Forever Flourishing leaves peeking out from underneath. The banner sentiment finishes off the front nicely.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, let's Party Treat Packaging Kit, Stitched Greenery Die, Stylish Shapes Dies, Forever Flourishing Dies

I chose to use one of the birds on the inside of my card. He's stamped and coloured the same way as the chameleon on the front.

Please keep on jumping around the blog hop tonight to see the rest of the Pear Pizzazz magic from the rest of the talented group hopping tonight. Just keep on hopping until you get back to where you started, with the lovely Kate Morgan up next.

If you run into any issues with links along the way, please head on over to Catherine Proctor's blog. She does a wonderful job of keeping us all organised each week.

Bye for now,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. Tina, you colourful chameleon and sublime sunset are perfect for the colour combination you chose. We often forget to use the stamps that come in the kits - thank you for the reminder. I love the clean, elegant simplicity of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I love the little lizard and the colouring of your circle label.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute, Tina. I love how you coloured the circle to match your chameleon and the immense white space with the Stitched Greenery die. Just fantastic, and the little bird sitting on the sentiment inside is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so cute. I love your card Tina. Your colouring of your critters, the blended background circle on the white stitched background is so gorgeous. Love the little bird inside too. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the clean die cut background that allows the coloured circle (beautifully done by the way).to dominate in a subtle way. And the lizard is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina I love your clean and crisp card that allows the focus on the coloured circle ( beautifully done by the way) and the cute lizard! Fabulous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely use of colour, against lots of scrumptious white space, Tina! The circle is a beautiful backdrop to the cute chameleon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.