Pages

Wednesday 11 January 2023

Colour Creations: Pale Papaya

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for a new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are looking at Pale Papaya, one of the In Colours that will retire mid-way through 2023. It's a soft, peachy orange that I quite like.


I think that it pairs very well with Calypso Coral, so I was drawn to this combo by Brian King. Pear Pizzazz was a great addition to the mix.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Peaceful Moments, Lovely Linen DSP, Subtles DSP, Stylish Shapes Dies

My layout was inspired by this card by Linda Dalke. I added an extra section to the mix, just for a little extra interest. The Pale Papaya paper is from the Lovely Linen DSP pack. I adore the papers in this pack, but keep forgetting to use them! I snuck in a little piece of retired Pale Papaya Vellum under the sentiment circle for a bit of extra shimmer.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Peaceful Moments, Lovely Linen DSP, Subtles DSP, Stylish Shapes Dies

I used another strip of the DSP on the inside to finish off my card.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Peaceful Moments, Lovely Linen DSP, Subtles DSP, Stylish Shapes Dies

I actually made three cards in the end. The best way to make a card like this is to cut three pieces of DSP, layer them and then cut through all layers at once. Then just mix and match to get three complete card fronts. It's not too much extra work, especially if you decorate them the same way.

Please continue your way around our Pale Papaya blog hop. There's lots more inspiration to be seen, starting with my lovely friend, Kate Morgan.

If you run into any problems with links, please jump on over to the wonderful Cathy Proctor's blog. She will have a list of all of tonight's participants to help you get back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

9 comments:

  1. Tina, you've mixed these three different DSPs together so well - I love that Lovely Linen DSP too, it is gorgeous. I love the way you've created 3 very different cards using the same layout and the way the angles on the card draw your eye to the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is an wonderful mix of papers Tina, and a great way to display them too. I’ve made them with 3 pieces before but look forward to adding this version to my repertoire too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m anonymous Tina - Rachel P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I barely recognise any of those papers and they are adorable, all mixed up together, especially that Pale Papaya one. These are fantastic designs to showcase all the pretty papers SU carry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina I love your twist on the card layout with the addition of an extra panel. And great tip to cut layers together to create three cards easily by mixing and matching different coloured panels. You must be great at jigsaw puzzles as you put the pieces together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful cards Tina. I love your choice of DSP representing your chosen colour combo. Your variation in cutting to create 4 sections works so well. And you finish with 3 beautiful cards xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colour combo, and great mix of patterned papers, Tina. How handy to have those cards in your stash now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this design. Great tip too on cutting a few at once.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! I love the paper piecing layout, very effective!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.